Other
Country
UK
State
lancashire
City
Liverpool
Hello everybody,

My name is Olly and I’m currently a PhD Researcher at Edge Hill University in Ormskirk, Lancashire (UK). I have a specific research interest in young people who help care for family members who have ALS, and also those young people who are bereaved due to the disease. I have also been through the journey myself as my Dad and his mum both had ALS. It means I am extremely passionate about supporting other children and young people who are currently in a similar situation.

My research will be investigating the use of a digital legacy for people affected by ALS. This means video-recording memories, accomplishments and messages specifically for use by children in the person's family.

I am planning to interview three groups of people:

1 > People who have been diagnosed with ALS and are recording/have recorded a digital legacy for a child or young person in their family (e.g. son/daughter/grandchild/niece/nephew)

2 > Young people (aged 11-24) who currently care for a family member with ALS and use a pre-recorded digital legacy as a means of support.

3 > Young people (aged 11-24) who are bereaved due to losing a family member who had ALS using a pre-recorded digital legacy to support them whilst they grieve.

I am aiming to interview around 10 people from each group to investigate their thoughts, views and experiences of being affected by ALS and creating or using a digital legacy. Interviews can be carried out via Skype and will be informal making it feel more like a conversation lasting around 20-30 minutes.

For more information, please email me via clabburo (at) edgehill.ac.uk or have a look at my research page www.facebook.com/mndlegacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back