Boston
https://www.facebook.com/MGHNeurology/posts/913360418738335

The project is called answer als and is starting up at 5 sites
MGH
Hopkins
Washington University
Ohio State
Emory

I was surprised not Cedars- Sinai as the project leaders are from MGH, Hopkins and Cedars-Sinai. It sounds like they hope to add centers if they get more funding. I expect any of us who go to these centers will be asked to participate

Last edited:
I hope they find the cause of the disease soon.

Are these places spread out all over Nikki?
America is such a big place, it would be good if many got to. Be careful involved. Here's to more funding. Soon.
J x

Only somewhat Janelle. They are probably far enough apart so they don't really overlap. but there is nothing in the West at all for patients to enroll even though Cedars-Sinai is involved in the processing of samples. But they are big clinics set up and experienced to run studies and they serve a diverse population. As this is not a treatment trial I suppose it matters less to cover the whole country

Nikki, this looks so similar to the ALS TDI study. Do you know what is different about them? I couldn't see it. Do you know why they're not combining efforts?

I don't know for sure but the cell lines from tdi may be used to produce motor neurons
This is being done in the clinics easier access for patients we are there anyway
Not sure that systems are set up for a biotech to collaborate with academic medicine . Sad but likely true.
It is not unusual to have more than one study looking at the same thing. There are several different c9 studies in progress now for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back