Q Therapeutics Announces FDA Clearance of Its Stem Cell Therapy Q-Cells for Human Tri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe stem cell therapy will be the only hope for those with ALS in the future. Don't think we'll be around to benefit but I hope I'm looking down from above the day they announce the cure!

Interesting. 10 years of research, 21 patents. ALS is the first target but many other diseases are to be targeted.
Granted orphan drug status for ALS.

Note that these are not from autologous (patient's own) donations so there may (probably will) be anti rejection drugs needed. I couldn't determine the original source but various blurbs seemed to indicate they are derived from brain cells... many of the other stem cell efforts underway are from autologous source which removes moral issues.

They expect the trials to begin this year. The company is based in Utah, so take a field trip BigMark!

My hope is that they quickly find a way to definitively slow and then halt progression and then eventually a way to reverse the damage. I agree that stem cell will ultimately probably be the silver bullet but Blue I sincerely hope you're here to see it in the flesh buddy!

> Don't think we'll be around to benefit

Ditto that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back