Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Surf City
I just downloaded the review on Cannabis from ALSUntangled.com - Home and found two of the reviewers are the neuro who diagnosed me, and the VA neuro. You can bet I will ask about it when I see her in 3 weeks.

Damm the war on drugs..

I believe there is research being done in more enlightened countries in Europe. And there has been discussion on the alstdi board. Can you not get a card to try? ( do research exactly what combination you want to try)

The realm of Caring folks, the ones who came up with the Charlottes Web CBD product, have established a California presence.

I have the Calif permit. I just don't know what to use. Hemp lotion on the back of my neck a few times a day gets rid of the cramps and calms jitters.

The edible forms are easiest. Smoke would best be avoided.

High THC will do little more than make you stoned, which seems to be confirmed by the ALSuntangled study. I have seen mention of it benefiting appetite (the infamous munchies) and also excess saliva.

CBD and to a lesser extent the other Cxx compounds provide the most neuro protective effect. Charlottes Web, the product that now famously drastically reduced Charlottes seizures is primarily CBD.

This is the response I received via email from an Israeli scientist that has been studying cannabis for 50 years...

"I believe that you need high CBD - as high as you can obtain. In schizophrenia doses of 800 mg/day were administered. THC levels are limited by the side effects - but it seems be valuable as individual patients claim that cannabis (which in most cases means high THC) helps them."

High CBD, especially very high CBD (like Charlottes Web or AC/DC) is MUCH harder to find than regular high THC. As Greg said, smoking/vaporizing is probably not the best idea and won't give you high concentrations of cannabinoids. I am C9orf72 positive, currently undiagnosed with probable early symptoms. I am hoping cannabis will help me delay onset and ultimately slow progression once I am diagnosed. With so little information or anecdotal reports, dosing is unknown, so it is a guessing game. I am currently using a high CBD oil during the day, and regular at night.

Greg, what are you using and do you think it is helping?

Just started Charlotte's Web at 60mg/day, previously 1:1 CBD:THC at 60mg/day.

I believe it has lessened the cramping. The THC helped sleep.

Greg, what form is that? Do they have a site?

The 1:1 was olive oil emulsion, the CW is coconut oil (but olive oil is also avail).

The Realm of Caring is on the web at theroc dot us

The main web page shows local facilities in Colorado, California and Florida. Shipment via US mail is delayed as the state-by-state legalities are ironed out.

>Shipment via US mail is delayed as the state-by-state legalities are ironed out.

it will be a cold day in hell for us here in texas :-( -- I did sign up for the waiting listt tho :)

I just signed up, and am on wait list, maybe only until I upload my DR order.

Thanks

> it will be a cold day in hell for us here in texas

Well, maybe not. They are selling this as hemp oil (as it is lacking in THC) and not mmj.

kanas ether if you want any thing here. you are going have to get with little jimmy down on the corner lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back