Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Virginia Beach
My well meaning family and friends keep sending me an internet article about a neurologist, Dr. Teepu Siddique and Northwestern University researchers finding the cause of ALS. But the article is dated Aug 2011. Is this a hoax? Seems like there would have been some progress since then.

It is not exactly a hoax but journalistic hyperbole. He is a very well known and respected research physician who found a piece of the puzzle. That unfortunately does not translate to a cure. Researchers seem to be finding more pieces but no one has solved ALS yet Sorry

I told my neurologist that the only way I would want to be trached were if there were a promising cure around the corner. My doctor is a research neurologist specializing in ALS. She said most of the research is focused on finding some way to slow down progression. Her guesstimate is ten years or more for a cure. Seems that we current PALS are screwed. Alex

I received the same email from a friend. Where is this coming from suddenly?

>Seems that we current PALS are screwed. Alex

Ditto that!

>He is a very well known and respected research physician

yup

>Siddique

= 'my friend', male, in Arabic :) we used too have a setter named Siddigity (female) when we lived in Saudi :)

maybe in 10 to 20's years we might see a cure. with around 15% of what's taken in going in to finding a cure. i dot see it in are time.

IIWII ("It Is What It Is!") ...

Sunvista: Sorry, but that story is from August 2011. They just changed the date on it to make it appear recent.

that they did. they keep moving things around to make it look like there doing something. don't think this is where it stops. they are doing all they can. at this point it's up to time and money.

Its all over facebook again like it is a new finding.

I find it pops up about every 4 or 5 months as though it's just been released...

another local PALs I ran into yesterday was speaking of this, and very excited. I thought it was this old new but she assured me it wasnt... so sad

thanks, Nikki!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back