Australian breakthrough in diagnostic technique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tillie, great news in that it will prevent the frustration of not knowing for such a long time. Too bad it's not a cure! Thanks for sharing that.

Apparently they hope it is another step towards finding a cure.

Now we just have to teach our GP's here to recognise and send people to a competent neurologist early...

Tillie get your blokes together and find a cure :)

Honest Neil mate, our blokes here are researching like lizards drinking water at a billabong (flat out), and they are considered to be doing some real ground breaking stuff.

I'll prod em all with a right sharp eucalypt branch for ya tho no wuckers.

Sorry everyone, I do break out in aussie slang now and then without meaning to ;)

>Maybe the end of "do I Have ALS" section!

in your dreams -- not until there is a cure for anxiety ...

Tillie,

When ya break out the "Aussie Slang", I feel like I'm dancing! ...

Jim

If this is TMS referred to in the article I have to wonder. May work for some depending on whether upper motor dominant or not. I had normal TMS 2 days before dirty EMG. And the comment about gene carriers showing before symptoms obviously did not apply to me.

>Honest Neil mate, our blokes here are researching like lizards drinking water at a billabong (flat out), and they are considered to be doing some real ground breaking stuff.

I'll prod em all with a right sharp eucalypt branch for ya tho no wuckers.

Whoa that is English your speaking right? :)

Really interesting Nikki thanks for sharing about your experience with that test.

Sorry Neil, nah not english that was aussie slang gibberish, it's only vaguely and distantly related to english!

I am a little surprised that this news is not forwarded by most of als/research info websites...

It seems to me that if this test exists and works, this one of the most important news of this year...

am i wrong?

I would imagine that once they get it happening outside of Australia as is the plan, then all ALS websites will be buzzing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back