Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
TX
City
Central
So there's mounting evidence that smoking increases your risk of developing ALS.
Cigarette Smoking Linked to Lou Gehrig?s Disease
So I'm wondering about secondhand smoke. I don't have any of the common risk factors thrown around in reference to ALS. But I was born into a smoking family in an era when even smoking in a car with your kids next to you (unbuckled, on the bench seat, lol) was no problemo.

Has anyone heard discussion of this?

Husband did not smoke, not from a smoking family.

I would be more afraid of lung cancer from smoking and second hand smoke that has be proven without a doubt...but still people puff away.

My dad was a heavier smoker for years and now has ALS. But, he had quit for at least years prior to his diagnosis. But, he was exposed to second hand smoke still since my mother was never able to completely quit. I personally don't think there is any link between ALS and smoking at all. But, all types of cancers absolutely there is !

>I personally don't think there is any link between ALS and smoking at all. But, all types of cancers absolutely there is !

Ditto that!

I quit 12/7/1982, but grew up in a family car filled with smoke ... not the good old days :-(

Perhaps you may not know that the World Health Organization which is the last word on health care pronunciations announced on their website several years ago that they found no evidence linking second-hand smoke to cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back