Country
FI
State
Southern Finland
City
Espoo
While looking for something else, I came across that piece of news:

NHK WORLD English

Don't know if that's news or not to those more knowledgeable than myself, but I thought it's worth sharing the link in any case.

Thanks for the information !

Nikola

Interesting! If I only knew what it was. Is this protein found in food? Is it taken as a supplement?

Since my mother received her G-TUBE (FEEDING TUBE). I began to give her a certain whey protein with tons of vitamins and amino acids in it. Well over 100% daily value of each vitamin and 50 grams of protein. It has helped my mom greatly. She began to lose a lot of weight due to her throat giving way, so we bought a mass gainer with tons of vitamins too. 1800 calories a serving for the mass gainer =) The G-TUBE has saved my mothers life!

These dang lab mice seem to have it good! They often respond so well to these experimental treatments, yet so often it seems the success doesn't translate to human trials. Here's hoping this discovery holds real promise for humans, too.

Great news that the feeding tube has made such a differance for your mum. I'm hopefully going down that track next week and will be very interested in the "foods/supplements" they recommend for me. I will ask the question to the nutritionist about supplements etc.

Rofl ROFL yeah to the dang mice like! arghhhhh..... how often do these trials translate to ALS people... and trials with us... bless the scientists and what they are discovery .. but right now i would opt to be a mice just to trial SOMETHING hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back