If this is true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've heard it's true and in Phase 1 trials. This will take quite a few years before it will be available to the general public. They're making progress!

They are going to start-up this trial in Boston. Looks like when they Do, the criteria for being elugible is a FVC greater than 60, and symptom onset of under 2 years

They are going to start-up this trial in Boston. Looks like when they Do, the criteria for being elugible is a FVC greater than 60, and symptom onset of under 2 years

pardon my ignorance.. what is fvc?:?:

thx

Forced Vital Capacity. It is a breathing score.

At this stage, of course, it is still difficult to state whether we are talking about a miracle or just a historic medical breakthrough, which will grant hope to patients suffering from one of the most difficult and cruel diseases that exists. But about one thing nobody is arguing: such a dramatic improvement in such a nearly hopeless situation, has very rarely ever been witnessed in the natural world.

Encouraging results, even if they are on a smaller scale, have also been witnessed among some of the 12 patients participating in the clinical trial… :!:

As somebody pointed out this guy has both ALS and MG, which complicates the matter a little. But encouraging news. D

He also got the stem cell as compassionate use, as he didn't qualify for the clinical trial. I've heard that this trial may be coming to both Boston and Worcester, but I don't know if I'll qualify since I've been diagnosed for 2 years now. I'll raise a stink about it though, since my breathing is perfectly fine still.

There must be a way to lie about when your onset was. I hate liars but when it comes to possibly saving your life I would lie in a heartbeat. I wonder how this treatment is different from what my mom had done at the center in Germany. They took stem cells from her, did something to them then injected them in her spine.

If this really did what they say, I don't understand why they don't start performing the procedure on every ALS patient.

I am so so so hopeful a cure is found before ALS strikes the next generation of my family. More importantly, saves the current generation and all those here I love so dearly!

Just a few years ago we heard very little that was promising and seems the last two years have been filled with news of potential good things to come. It needs to just get here FASTER!

Helen, The NP001 was 2 years, and they changed it to 3 yrs. we raised a stink, as we had done the Phase 1 safety of NP, and they would NOT budge.

How would one become apart of the trials? Does anyone know?

One doubt I have about steam cells is if they will suffer from the same degenerative proccess when they become new motor neurons or they will grow without the problem... I always had this doubt.

In the last link they say they will do the phase II clinical trial on United States some time in 2012 in Massachusetts General Hospital and the University of Massachusetts. May it is woth to know more to enroll the trial... I wish I lived there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back