cytokinetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting Tomboy!

Hi everyone,
i haven't been on here in a long time. My brother was diagnosed with als in oct.2011'you are all warriors.it's amazing what you go through daily,and there's nothing tha t can slow down this cruel disease. It knocks the strength out of you.i've never seen anything like this. No on understands what this disease entails unless they have it or a family member has it. I watch my bother stuggle with his voice,and it's heart breaking. I pray that something comes out soon. I read about cytokenetics being on the fast track?what does that mean exactly?does it mean it will be available to purchase in2011 or in 10 years from now?the pace the way everything is done with this disease is too slow.i hope something comes out soon.we're close but yet so far away from geeting a drug available for everyone. This is so fustrating.
Penney211

participated in part a of the test, same side effects but definate positve results. start of test grip strength right hand 43lbs, left hand 19lbs. end of test right hand 51lbs, left hand 19lbs, definately not placebo effect. definately not sustaining, tested oct/nov and short time later could feel reduced strength both hands als clinic may 7th had them measure grip strength again (something they normally do'nt do) right hand 33lbs, left hand 5-10lbs. asked if they had some black market drug. no luck i am definately ready to take this on a regular baises.

pearshoot, that is exciting news. Just curious, if you don't mind my asking. Do you have any bulbar symptoms, and did the drug have any impact on those symptoms?

Thanks

no bulbar sypthoms, still walk, talk, eat, drive on my own. blessed with slow progression in second trug trial, Rasagline, started in january, can't tell any change in progression speed, trial last until next january, look for update after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back