Medical Marijuana can benefit ALS Patients!, Scientifically proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

highspirits8

Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
CA
City
Palmdale
My mother has ALS she was having a hard time sleeping at night due to her unbearable body aches. Her doctor had suggested it, but my mother being old fashioned said no. Her sleepless nights caused her misery and led me to suggest edibles for body pain and sleeping problems. I explained what edibles were since I know smoking it would be to harsh on my mother. She gave it a shot, only because previously her Dr. had suggested it. I did a little more research and found out that marijuana helps produce fatty acids which maintain the nervous system as well as other body systems. This is amazing since "fatty acids" cannot be replicated by any laboratory medicine (fact). These fatty acids help restructure weak nerve cells and the system as a whole, keep in mind it cannot revive already dead cells.

My mother has been taking a low potency edible, at a very small portion. Her portion is about 1/4 of a regular brownie serving, which is a little bit. I'm telling you it has worked wonders for my mother with her pains I share our experience for others to benefit as well.

Below is a link to a video by Dr. Melamede from the University of Colorado, Biology Dept.
In this video their is a patient who uses Medical Cannabis and is a 14 year survivor of ALS. GIVE IT A SHOT FOR YOUR LOVED ONES, IF THEY ARE TO THE POINT AS MY MOTHER WAS!

Have a great day.:!:

WOW, amazing. I used to try to get my dad to, but being a retired cop, and Old School I truly believed it would helped him. My daughter's mom has MS, one day she is a spasmed up, in her wheelchair, she smokes a little and she is up, out of pain and walking with her walker. That is so amazing what I have just learned from you, thank you for posting. You think something so natural would put the drugs on the back burner.
I am from Maryland and Montell Williams has gone through hell trying to pass laws , he swears it helps his Parkingson's. I feel if something can help anyone who had a terminal disease and get a better quality of life should have a second look, of coarse the drug companies don't want to hear it though, what would pays for their cocktail parties and "free" pens and Dr's free lunches and presents ect...The man up stairs planted the seeds for a reason, to help our sick family members. Thank you!

In my research I have found though some medicines are needed some pain killers destroy the LIVER! =(

I forwarded this to my daughter, she graduated Broadcasting school and does an internship at a radio station in Baltimore. Insight on Disabilities on Sunday night. She has been pushing for a show of ALS, it should be coming up soon. With all the info she has it may be turned into 2 shows, just what she went through with my dad will be with her the rest of her life. This is amazing, this video will be forwarded to a ton of people putting more spotlight on the HORRIBLE disease.
She is trying to line up our Baltimore Ravens Player to be on the show with his eye gaze computer too. If we can't find a cure at least let our love ones have a little quality of life without pain.

Yepper..........brownies anyone?........ You all know me and I know it does help with spasms and cramping & twitching, also works to help mentally. Not to be abused but used only enough for relief of symptoms.

My husband is also a retired cop, but he enjoys his special brownies. :) It actually helps him breath for longer stretches without his BiPap. It also makes him crave celery. LOL

I need a receipe please:)
We will try anything.

I just think it's funny that it took Di two days to find this thread.

I've read this before, but since I don't have the breathing and pain issues haven't tried it. I would have a steady source though, since I have kids in high school lol! Not that they partake of course :)

kiwi,Funny girl!........ i was just a little reluctant......lol.....:mrgreen:

"reluctant".......um.....not really the word that comes to mind when I think of you Di, lol

Ok...OK....maybe I was a little preoccupied watching the butterflies and passing clouds after a small snack....:mrgreen:

But Happy

NOW we are getting to the bottom of it, the truth has been told! Good on ya, not much better than butterflies and clouds and all the better for a wee snack.

Busted again!...........:)

All joking aside, there just might be something to this as it does help so many with ALS with easing their symptoms. But being mostly illeal they can't do all the research they need. I wish some brave clinic somewhere will get on it. Couldn't hurt.

It can help with saliva
It can help with pain
It can help with anxiety
It can help with sleep
What in the hell is taking so long for the right people to open their eyes and realize how this plant can help to improve MANY lives?
Do ppl really think that pot is so bad?
Once youre an established user, its not like your tripping out
In fact, I get more messed up off of prescription pain meds than pot.
dumbasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back