Possible new treatment for Lou Gehrig’s Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they find that it's true in humans too without ugly side effects and do the fine tuning post haste! Thanks for posting.

Hurry, hurry, hurry and get those tests done.... Time is not a friend to PALS AND CALS!

Kudos for bringing this Canadian study to our attention. Hurrah to our neighbors to the north.

There is a supplement, Winter cherry, that can be purchased that is where Withaferin can be found naturally.

Will, How hard is the winter cherry to find? Will I find it in a supplement/vitamin store? Also, do you know the brand name? Thanks will.

I believe this can be found in a food supplement called ASHWAGANDHA root extract and Withania Somnifera here in the UK but you can get it from a company called solar Vitaminand Herb,in the US.
Have taken my first one today and if it works I wil stop taking all the other medication I am on currently.

THAT Should be SOLGAR vitamin and Herb

Hi Steve67 have you noted any improvement after taking Winter Cherry.

Thanks
Tony

My PALS has been taking ASHWAGANDHA (Winter Cherry) for only about 3 weeks, and is part of a 'cocktail' of supplements so it is very difficult to establish of Winter Cherry is doing any good. (I believe this 'cocktail approach is the way to go). But his progression is very slow and remains that way for the time being. Its just one of those things I feel I must try (it is inexpensive $3.99/bottle of 60), and I would kick myself if I didn't.

I have been on it a month but have not seen any improvement and haqve increased my dosage of Pregabalin to 300mg/day.
I will stick with the Ashwagandha and may double the dose to see if that works.

Bare in mind I have not yet been diagnosed but am due back at the Neurologist next week.

Hi will I have started taking it as well been on it for 4days now, I also take a cocktail of things, I noted my voice was changing in October 2010 had MND confirmed in June 2011 and it has not changed much other than my voice has got weaker and little energy to do things, the biggest thing that has changed in 4days is I have more energy and I have been at work the last 2days. I'm happy.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back