00/0000
Country
US
State
CT
City
lyme
Dr. Stephen Fry on FL1953

Has anyone tested positive for the new infection Dr Fry says is common in all ALS patients? I just sent my blood sample to him. He tests for lyme DNA not antibodies.

I just sent my blood sample to him. He tests for lyme DNA not antibodies.

How much does it cost?
Is there any independent peer-reviewed information available regarding this development?

I am not trying to be rude; I am genuinely curious.

That said, I cannot be the only one here who could have financed a luxury vacation with what I spent on useless "alternative" medicine (tests and treatment).

Last edited:
I just met with my neurologist (he actually made a house call at 8:45pm, couldn't believe it!) and showed him this article... he wants to check into it so I'm forwarding it to him.

He was telling me about an ALS conference he went to last week(?) in NY, attended by over 150 neuros from all over the world... he's VERY hopeful about some of the work being done...

So many exciting potential treatments. A year ago I strongly believed there would never be a cure in my lifetime but I'm thinking more and more there will be and that just give me goosebumps and makes me teary eyed! Now I just want it to HURRY UP!

What's very noteworthy here is :
He shared that diet is very important. The protozoan loves lipids (fats) and that lipid restriction via low-fat diets has been a very powerful tool. Lipids and fatty acids also play a role in the formation of biofilms which seem to collapse with lipid restriction.
He discussed the benefits of a whole food, plant-based diet full of bioflavanoids; which themselves act as an antibiotic.

A lot of PALS have crazy high fat diets trying to keep weight on.

And I still wish I could lose weight, as it would be easier to walk around... as Aly said, when she lost a bunch of weight, she felt better in her problem areas.

Hmmmm...... lets see:

1. No hits on G o o g l e Scholar for any papers concerning any of Dr. Fry's work on any of the diseases he claims to be researching at the present time. On the Fry Labs website, he claims to have presented a publication at the 5th conference on Biofilms of the American Society of Microbiology. Turns out that the presentation was a poster exhibited in the display area that people could walk up and ask questions about, rather than a peer-reviewed publication, unlike his 30 year old papers on bladder cancer that he also touts on the Fry Labs site. Highlights from event catalog description of poster presentation: based on observations made in three patients (no information validating the ALS diagnoses and no description of patient condition), and 2) "It is currently unclear if the disease state presented by these patients is a direct result of the presence of the biofilm clusters found in the peripheral circulation or if the disease enables colonization. It is also unknown if additional tissue-bound sites of infection exist."
  2. No hits on G o o g l e Scholar for Protomyxozoa rheumatica or FL1953.
  3. Fry Labs website states that Dr. Fry is a general practitioner with a special interest in autoimmune disorders. No mention of any interest or specialty training in anything related to neurology or neuromuscular disorders.
  4. Fry Labs website claims that Dr. Fry holds "many patents on cutting edge biotechnological and diagnostic innovations." G o o g l e Patents and the US Patent and Trademark Office have two patents registered to a Stephen Fry of Arizona. Both were issued in the mid-1990's. One is for a "spacer for a medication inhaler." The other is for a "dental floss tool".
  5. Notices found on the Billing page of the Fry Labs website:
    • "Fry Laboratories is not contracted with any insurance companies. Therefore, we do not complete insurance paperwork for our patients. We apologize for any inconvenience. However, our patients are mailed a receipt along with some Tips and Suggestions for submitting claims to insurance companies on their own."
    • "Payment for Testing
      Our patients pay up-front and in full for their tests. Prepayment is necessary and must accompany the requisition form in order for testing to be completed. We accept payment by check or by major credit card. There will be a $25.00 fee for returned checks."
    • "The ABN (Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage): Some of Fry Lab’s tests are classified as research-only and are non-FDA approved. Medicare will most likely NOT reimburse for these types of tests. This means that you will be financially responsible for the balance once Medicare has been billed. Please be sure to include a credit card on your requisition before sending in your specimen."

That's about all I could find about the good Dr. Fry and Fry Labs. My advice: buyer be extremely wary about this "provider."

Another shyster exposed. God I love this stuff.

AL.

That's why I showed it to my neuro when he was at my house, I had just seen this online... I sent him the article, but I am always skeptical of these types of "discoveries"... especially when it's online, and not in say, in a medical journal! I think he's more of a Lyme doc to begin with, but who knows if there's anything to his "discovery".

Me too. I always put my money on Allen :)

"He shared that diet is very important. The protozoan loves lipids (fats) and that lipid restriction via low-fat diets has been a very powerful tool. Lipids and fatty acids also play a role in the formation of biofilms which seem to collapse with lipid restriction.
He discussed the benefits of a whole food, plant-based diet full of bioflavanoids; which themselves act as an antibiotic."

This kind of diet for a PALS will only promote weight loss and accelerate death. IMHO this is negligent almost criminal advice for a PALS.

IMHO this is all just marketing BS designed to sucker PALS into buying into some worthless diet/detox program, just like the garbage being sold on the posted website.

Shameful.

Last edited:
Me too. I always put my money on Allen :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, susanf. I figure that if they won't publish about their discoveries for the benefit of their peers and for patients in general, the benefits are likely to be flowing in only one direction -- and it's not toward the patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back