Reason
Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
Bradford
Has anyone done any thorough research on this drug? Has anyone tried or know of anyone who has tried?

This is an interesting proposition. DCA has potential for cancer treatment because it awakens the mitochondria which can then activate the apoptosis. Perhaps the problem with our motor neurons is not that they are dying but that sick neurons are staying alive too long and contaminating adjacent motor neurons. This would explain the progressive nature of the disease, which doesn't seem to be discussed much (but then again I am not a scientist in the field so I don't have a good sense of the literature). I still don't understand how all our motor neurons happen to be malfunctioning in the same way one after the other. Perhaps DCA would trigger the death of the sick motor neurons and stop the spread of the disease to the others. There is of course absolutely no basis to this little theory of mine and it is pure conjecture.

Great to hear from you happy r u still working in research?

What does anyone think of IVIG for ALS. I know it is for MMN. Just wanted to get your opinions. One of our former member's is being treated with this, in the next couple of Week's. She tested positive for MMN on her NCS.

IVIG has absolutely no benefit for ALS. Some doctors use it in early stages if they are not 100 % sure of the ALS diagnosis. I had 20 treatments over 6 months with no effect. I had a friend with ALS who had it as a trial before her diagnosed was made.

Great to hear from you happy r u still working in research?
Michael0134,
I am still working. I work in the private sector. The company I work for builds and operates proton therapy cancer treatment centers. After some sole searching I decided to just keep doing what I know, namely fighting cancer. I have no idea how to fight this disease so if I can't save my self at least I can help save cancer patients.
Cheers,
HappyPhysicist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back