Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Here is a link to the 2010 edition of the Northern Neuron, the research publication of the ALS Society of Canada. There is an article on Kinga (did you vote today?) and an article that I found really interesting, "Time for a New Paradigm for ALS". In the article a University of British Columbia professor emeritus asks whether ALS is a disease whose origins start at a very young age, even in utero or in childhood and simply does not manifest symptoms until decades later.

Some interesting reading

http://www.als.ca/_media/docs/NorthernNeuron2010-web.pdf

Last edited:
Barry, off to read the article! Thank you for sharing and Thank YOU for being YOU! xo

Kay Marie, back at ya! Sooooo good to have you back!

Barry, INCREDIBLE! All of it is just incredible! I want to move to Canada :] Your ALS Society is actually doing something! xo

good reading Barry, lots of info thanks

Good to see you here again Kay Marie

cheers
peter

Peter this mwaaaahhhh is just for YOU! xo

"There's no place like home"

Drat , who took my ruby slippers?

Barry, interesting . Thanks

Last edited:
Gleeeennnn! There is no PLACE like home with you in residence! xoxoxo I wish that you could see the difference between our MDA/ALS magazine and the incredible one from Canada. Kindergarten and Grad school. When I hear people here say how "awful" your health care is I just lol and tell them it is so not true.

It would not surprise me at all if many sporadic cases of ALS turn out to be genetic in nature. I have had many odd symptoms over the years and have suffered from OCD (obssessive compulsive disorder) since adolescence. ALS might be a much longer disease process than anyone ever imagined.

there are just so many different causes from numerous research .i find it quite amusing there hasnt been a cure yet .but really that doesnt surprize me at all its all about the buck thats why are world is becoming the way it is .just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back