Country
oz
State
oz
City
RURAL
interesting article found by Michele.

The Uncertain Unraveling of ALS | Disease Management

Here is a quote from the article" To describe this experience, I like to adapt the old African proverb: If it takes a village to raise a child, it likewise takes a village to take care of a person with ALS.

When I reflect upon my family’s experience with ALS I feel fortunate but at the same time flabbergasted that we have the “best case” scenario for someone with ALS. I imagine how challenging the course must be for other people. What if you do not have a family? Or if you do not have access to health care? Or no financial means for equipment or caregivers? What if you have young children to take care of as well as a loved one with ALS? My heart aches just imagining all of these difficult situations, and I admire the strength of the people who are impacted by this disease."

I would love to tell her EXACTLY what it is like for those of us that have no support, health care access, no financial means, children to take care and on and on so that she no longer had to wonder and ask questions.

WE NEED SO MUCH MORE THAN A MANUAL from ALSA!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back