Not open for further replies.
the link does not work

Try it now.

AL

Al, I heart you!

Thank you. We aim to please.

AL.

thank you , always looking for updates

very interesting! I hope one of our PALS here is able to be part of the study!

Good post, MarkWayne. The company associated with this particular stem cell protocol is TCA Cellular Therapy, which is discussed in other threads.

Does 'expanded access' mean availabilty to any patient that qualifies and wants to participate in the phase II study?

Last edited:
I am in Lafayette, LA and will be headed to Baton Rouge this evening to hear Dr. LaSala's presentation. I'll report back later this week with what I learn.

Welcome to the forum LSU1990,
thanks for that.

sorry you have to be here but I and the rest of the forum are aways keen to hear of any progress in possible cures/ treatments in ALS.

cheers
Peter

Last edited:
It was a very interesting presentation last night. Dr. LaSala is a cardiologist, but his best friend was a neurologist at the Mayo Clinic who wanted him to explore stem cell research for neurological disorders. The friend passed away a few years ago, but Dr. LaSala kept his promise to his friend.

The trial is a Phase one trial and will only take six patients. The most interesting part was that they take about 700 stem cells from your bone marrow and in 21 days have about 5 million stem cells that they put back into your spinal fluid.

Information related to the trial: Safety/Efficacy Study for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

From what I could tell last night, I may meet all the criteria to be included.

Thank you Peter. It was a very interesting presentation last night. Dr. Lasala is a cardiologist and focused his research on heart problems. His best friend from Argentina was a neurologist at the Mayo Clinic who encouraged him to research stem cell treatments for neurological problems. Although his friend died from cancer a few years ago, Dr. Lasala continued.

The most interesting part was how they take about 700 stem cells from your bone marrow and in 3 weeks grow those in to about 5 million stem cells. These are then put back into your spinal fluid.

TCA Cell Therapy website: Stem Cell Research | Covington | Adult Stem Cell Banking

Trial information: Safety/Efficacy Study for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

Robert

If it works and really does halt the progression at the protocol point, that would be fantastic. At least it would buy some time. I love the line "moderate to severe diagnosis of ALS". Is there anything more severe than a diagnosis of ALS?

Dick

I posted a brief summary this morning with links to the company's website and the trial information, but it has not shown up yet. Did I break a rule?

Robert

Hi Robert,
No, the moderators need to approve links to keep the scammers off this fine site.
It will appear soon, hopefully

cheers
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back