Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
Taking another angle from Beths post about toxins.........I researched into giving my body as Beth has done - but I have to PAY 400 euros for them to have it. I call that scandalous!Have you had to pay for giving your body away, Beth? (Afterwards they burn the remains and "scatter them anonymously". Not as though they have any great expense.

Same here if you donate all your organs. After taking all they want they dump the body back on the family so they have the full funeral expenses - and here a cremation costs about 4000 euros.
I find all that scandalous!
Irismarie

sorry, this is in the wrong place but I cannot move it:-(

You have to pay science to donate your body to them...That does sound scandalous!
I don't know how it works in the US or Canada, maybe someone that knows will answer....

Yes, when you donate your organs the family does get the body back here in the US also.

Every time I see this topic , the same thought pops in my head.

Friends are the ones that will help you in a fight.

Best Friends are the ones that will help you bury the bodies :twisted:

Liz donated her body to Albany Medical Center. They picked up all the costs of the funeral director coming to pick up her body. When they are done they cremate the body and give you the option to have the ashes returned to you or not. The process can take up to two years but it is completely cost free for the family.

You and Liz are just soul generous! THANK YOU! hugs, Kay Marie

We looked into donating his body. They said it wil cost us $120-$200, for them to take. The funeral home will deal w/ delivery etc... We will also have to pay memorial services $400-$500. We are making plans now and dealing w/ costs now. When the time comes(never?!) I won't have any of those issues to deal w/ and he has made his wishes happen..

Isnt it scandalous that they can take money when you are giving them a body that is going to be extremely useful! Personally I'd rather be put on a mountain and left for the birds but for some reason that is not accepted;-) It really annoys me that people go on making a profit out of us even long after our last breath! If some states can do it for free why not all?

Glen "Best Friends are the ones that will help you bury the bodies " specially the dead ones;-)

Liz took care of the memorial service bit also. She rather emphatically told her mother that she did not want a memorial service arranged and provided by a funeral home. Instead we brought a dozen or so of her friends from work and a dozen or so of my friends together and had a little party right here in the house. We ate, drank and visited (Liz's three favorite things), for a couple of hours. I have talked to the kids and both Julie and I feel a little like we miss having a stone somewhere to go "visit", but other than that it's all good. We plan to spread her ashes in her favorite place so once we've done that we'll be able to go there and have that "visit".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back