KNS 760704 Phase II Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The study results also showed trends suggesting the potential for improved outcomes in function and survival."

Let's look at that sentence for a minute. Trends are fairly simple things. They either go up, go down or are flat. To me the fact the the trend "suggests" something means the result is inconclusive. These trends then suggest the "potential" for improved outcomes. I'm sorry but WTF! You know what the stock market graphs last year showed trends suggesting the potential for great returns.

This was a study on safety and tolerance so the measures of function and survival weren't primary and the data wasn't meant to measure either. That's the purpose of a Phase II trial and I take no issue with it. I would simply prefer they make statements based on the data rather than cater to investors with what amounts to word salad?

Having said that, I hope the Phase III trial is a huge success and starts tomorrow.

I just hate that everythign takes forever! I wish they would just hurry up and get going with all the tests! Why do they have to do so many phases they should be running studies concurrently.

You make some valid points, Zen Archer, but they're not going to come out and say the drug definitely works until they do a larger phase III study to confirm the smaller phase II results. I, for one, think this is good news.

I just hate that everythign takes forever! I wish they would just hurry up and get going with all the tests! Why do they have to do so many phases they should be running studies concurrently.

I Agree--it's time to get the ball rolling faster on these clinical trials.

boy i wish i could stick around for this discussion.....off to my kid's swim meet. i did start taking namenda before i got to the als clinic after my neuro diagnosed me...ways around those pesky trials. but...ok i will jump in later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back