Reason
Loved one DX
Country
uk
State
england
City
leicester
can anyone enlighten me if people have a bad reaction to rilutex as my uncle been taken it for 4months when he was first dig but he is in hospital now with very high temp and stomach pains and the doctors couldnt find nothing wrong to y his temp was over 100 so they have put it down to rilutex could this be true? so they are looking to change his tablets will update when he get them later today

Nver heard of those symptoms that I can recall from rilutek. Sounds more flu like or other infection.

AL

my wife has no known side affects from the rulitek, been on it a year

Hi Clare,I just started taking Riluzole 2 weeks ago!but the sides effects on the information sheet I got from the pharmacist does include what you described. good luck.

My husband had severe nausea, light sensitivity, hot flushed face and extreme fatique that did not improve after three weeks of taking the medication so he elected to not continue the medications. It can also elevate your liver enzymes.

My son Johnny has been on Rilutek for almost a year now with no side effects. His dosage was doubled for a few months, then his liver enzymes became too high. Because of the enzymes and because he started a clinical trial for Talampanel, his dosage was reduced to the normal 2 pills a day. He's had no side effects from either the Rilutek or the Talampanel.

is talampanel a generic to rilutek ...one of my e-mail from the f.d.a. said a generic was approved for the rilutek but, ...i wouldn't want a generic med as the dose amount do not have to be exact just near it example 250 mg of brand name it could be 240 for generic so u would need a higher dose of generic

Talampanel is an entirely different drug. Still experimental for ALS from what I read. I haven't heard of a generic Rilutek. Doubt there'd be much profit for them.

AL

doesn't seem to give us much hope everything is experimental.. i am starting to learn the word disappointment really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back