Old 04-20-2018, 12:53 AM #1 (permalink)

City: NYC
State: NY
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
quintok555 is on a distinguished road
City: NYC
State: NY
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
quintok555 is on a distinguished road
Default Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)

I been reading a lot of ftd, I was hoping that someone can share personal experience of ftd, the early signs and the later stage with ftd.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:53 AM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)

Hi, my husband had ALS with FTD.

If you click on my name beside this post and choose to go to my homepage you will find a page on FTD and another there on caring for someone with FTD. That will give you some background, then if you like to ask more questions please do.

I also have a lot of links there to information on FTD.

Let me know how I can help.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:45 PM #3 (permalink)

City: Fort Worth
State: Texas
Diagnosed: 05/2017
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Lscott71 is on a very distinguished road
City: Fort Worth
State: Texas
Diagnosed: 05/2017
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Lscott71 is on a very distinguished road

My husband has FTD with the ALS. At first he kept repeating himself over and over and got super paranoid about strange things.

We first noticed symptoms early 2016. We just saw a neuro psychiatrist today that says he’s in the Severe stage with pretty rapid progression. He has the mentality of a 4 year old at this point while he was talking and making conversation a year ago.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:35 PM #4 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Cleveland
State: Oklahoma
Diagnosed: 10/2015
soonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member
City: Cleveland
State: Oklahoma
Diagnosed: 10/2015
soonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud of

My husband also had FTD along with ALS. At first I noticed a decline in this executive function. He also repeated things over and over. He would watch the came video and play the same song what seemed like a million times.

I found a really good link back then that explained it very well. I am going to try to attach it here.

https://ftd.med.upenn.edu/about-ftd-...-sclerosis-als
Closed Thread

Tags
age, dementia, early, ftd, reading