Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
IL
City
Edwardsville
Anyone out there have strictly FTD without ALS or cared for someone with that diagnosis?

Glen did have double diagnosis but his FTD issues were by far the most troublesome. For really good info (once it gets past moderation) check out theaftd.org

I can't tell which stage he's in..

I wouldn't worry about the stages...they are arbitrary at best. Is there a specific behavior that's worrying you, or set of behaviors?

We were actually diagnosed with FTD almost a year before our ALS diagnosis. What variant of FTD have you been diagnosed with? Like Katie said, stages are vague and varied and really not of much use.

The anger and aggression seem to have subsided over the past week, but I keep feeling like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. He is very paranoid. He does forget things. He forgets a lot of things. this weekend was so good it's hard to believe he has it. I don't know which one he has. So, far he is not complaining about going to the next doc appt. but still wont let me apply for disability.

I was going to reply with the same site Katie gave! Also try ftdsupportforum.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back