US
State
Michigan
City
Mid
Ugh - 'nuf said :(

Stressful isn't it? Sorry Babe!

Yes, ALS is expensive and sucks

I understand completely....I tell everyone...dealing with having a terminal disease is wicked....but dealing with the all the money issues that come with it is just as wicked.

i know, rite.

I was struggling financially before all of this... now it's impossible.

This is not how I planned to spend my retirement money!

And since you posted it in the FTD folder I assume you are finding "interesting" issues with the finances. I'm so sorry.

I recommend anyone who expects to collect substantial insurance should seek the advice of an estate asset protection attorney to set up wills, trusts, estates as needed.

No substantial insurance here, but at least we've paid off the loans he took against his policy.

Yes, Katie. I know you know.

Be sure to take advantage of any state programs available for assistance ;( Money issues just plain suck. Non-Va I take it?

I've been gone for a while, feeling overwhelmed and a little sorry for myself ( and very, very scared) over these same issues. We've just entered the stage where he is wrecklessly spending and paying for things in accounts with no money. So frustrating! Trying to reason with him is met with his crying and 'yelling' at me, signing "NO! NO!" over and over. All while working a job I hate, scared to death for his safety and our future and trying to keep the IRS and his greedy ex-wife at bay.

This is crazy!

I'm so sorry, Cubcake. As if the physical symptoms of the illness aren't bad enough, having this other stuff to deal with seems just ridiculously unfair. Wish I had some good advice for you. I just try to keep the behavior in perspective - it's part of the disease. I can see it's much harder on Mom than me. {{{hugs}}}

Actually, he is a vet Notme, and I appreciate the VA assistance so very much. Unfortunately, there's just other stuff going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back