Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
OH
City
Brunswick
No this is not an ALS story - but seeing as how FTD has come up a few times recently (and my personal interest) I thought I would post this link.

This is a segment that was done on the news here in Cleveland, OH.
Carol is a friend from my local FTD support group. She is caring for her husband, Terry at home. He needs 24 hour supervised care - so her friends and family (including elderly parents) make a weekly schedule as Carol still works full time. I don't think the severity of his mental & cognitive loss really comes across - but it is some positive support and a good start.

For those who are not very observant (like myself!) the video link is in the upper right hand corner. Took me a couple minutes to figure it out! I think the article with it is very informative.

Thanks,
Shelley

Frontotemporal Dementia strikes in the prime of life

thanks shelley, that was super informative and will really help some people on here with questions.

Any time we can get the word out on FTD (frontotemporal dementia) it is helpful. The overlap with ALS exists. My hb has both diseases. I have been to a local ALS support group but your link reminded me to look for a local FTD group as well.
Thank you once again Shelley for raising FTD awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back