Pimozide

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I've heard of it. It does sound promising, though. Just wondering how long it's going to take to prove whether this drug is helpful or not. I have hope! Thanks for posting.
Charlene

Well I started using it off label about two weeks ago so I will let you know.... got nothing to lose

>got nothing to lose

:)

good luck!

Thx guys..... feels good just to be doing something

So I have decided to go back on Riluzole as well. That means I will be doubling it up with Pimozide, I looked online at drug interactions and it was a dead end so I think I will be a guinea pig. I figure using two drugs that are known to slow ALS might just double the effect.....worth a shot

Hi Sean, how is taking the two drugs going?

Hi Sean, how is taking the two drugs going?

I just finished my first month of pimozide on it own, tomorrow I start my riluzole along with it, so I can't really report anything yet. I am determined to do a minimum of four months though, so I will update on here occasionally. I have been getting steadily worse this year and am close to not being able to walk anymore, so I am going to use that as my marker of whether I am still getting steadily worse. My goal is to plateau...

Was on it for 3 weeks but had to stop because of side effects.

How is it going taking both Sean?

Good luck to you in this. I did check my drug database and has some major interactions with some very common drugs. I used tizanidine for muscle cramps and it interacts with this drug. You might want to talk to your pharmacist. I'm not saying don't take it, I'm just suggesting you want to go into this with full knowledge. Keep us posted.
Hollister

yeah I had to go off of it. I was having serious side effects, complete loss of appetite, serious restlessness and anxiety, seemed depressed (something alot of us deal with normally anyways, but this was amplified.... my family really noticed) I have been off for several weeks now and I am back to my 'normal' now. I am giving Lunasin a shot now..... especially since there are no side effects.

Thanks for updating us but I'm sorry it caused those side effects.

Still you tried it I guess. The lunasin will be interesting to follow, keep us updated please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back