Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Ut
City
orem
All the threads on l-serine get killed pretty fast but I was curious to know how l-serine is going for other people. My mom was diagnosed last June and had been declining for about a year before that. She has been taking the l-serine I had been buying for her and seems to be progressing more slowly now. I was also curious because I have found a few places to buy l-serine some of which sell it in a 99% pure form others in a form with 40% fillers. If you didn't get the 99% pure then you would be taking only 60 percent the dosage you thought you were. The first batches of l-serine I bought for my mom had that problem. The bag should say 99% pure or pharmaceutical grade.

First the threads are not " killed" they close as all do here if no one posts in a certain amount of time.
I take the pure form of l serine. I honestly do not think it makes a difference as I was off it for a month for various reasons. I do not feel anything changed when I started, when I stopped, when I restarted. To be fair I am FALS and I almost did not try it because I thought it would not have any benefit to my particular disease. My neurologist suggested it was worth a try so I do take it

>All the threads on l-serine get killed pretty fast but I was curious to know how l-serine is going for other people.

i still take it, but who knows? :) :-(

Just out of curiosity where are you getting your pure l-serine from? I am still trying to find a good place.

Www dot bulksupplements dot com

Hello,

Do any of you guys take part in the L-serine trials or are you just using l-serine independently?

Full disclosure: rahul_b is asking for research reasons and not personal ones.

I take L-serine, buy it at bulk supplements and amazon. take 30 grams a day - does it work? who knows, I don't. I also do Deanna, does it work, don't know. I also to L-carnitine, vitamin e, all sorts of stuff.

I find that it certainly doesn't bother me, or have a bad taste, it also helps me drink lots of water - which doesn't hurt either.

Maybe I have slow moving ALS and none of these things change anything.

But it's not a financial burden, at this time so..............

Its great to hear how l-serine is having a positive effect.

Its great to hear how l-serine is having a positive effect.
You are one crappy researcher if that's your conclusion.
Out of the 5 responses only one was positive...

wait a minute - mine was neutral :)

I take two 500mg of the Swanson ultra brand AjiPure L-Serine, but have only been on it for a little less than a month, so it's too soon for me to tell if it's helping or not. This week however I'm only taking one capsule a day due to being almost out and won't have the money to buy more until pay day. I have two other supplements that I will need to order along with them...the cost is starting to add up.

Lilac look at the powder for l serine and if you take it acetyl l carnitine. Much cheaper in the long run

Bulksupplements dot com also available from Amazon.

I take two 500mg of the Swanson ultra brand AjiPure L-Serine, but have only been on it for a little less than a month, so it's too soon for me to tell if it's helping or not. This week however I'm only taking one capsule a day due to being almost out and won't have the money to buy more until pay day. I have two other supplements that I will need to order along with them...the cost is starting to add up.

Thanks for the tip Nikki. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back