Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
BR
State
SP
City
Gru
I was searching for info about Dexpramipexole.

I'm not sure but it seems it is not doing very well as I thought.

Altought the number of patients is lower it seems that this is doing better than dex. Has anyone tried it? If so is it the same as sodium chloride? I found that there are people doing the sodium chloride "treatment" by themselves and I would like to try but I didn't found how to do at home yet. If anyone is doing that and can share how to do it at home please share so I can give it a try.

Thanks

Hi,
Dexpramipexole is often referred to on this forum as "dex". Same thing. Several here, including me, are in the Phase III trial (900 or so participants in several countries). The data are still being collected, so we won't know its success until later this year after analysis.
And NOT the same as sodium chlorite, the other compound you asked about. Note that sodium chlorite is a very different chemical from sodium chloride (in your post)- the latter is just table salt.
Ask your neurologist about trials you might qualify for.
Good luck,
Sue

Check out the NEALS website and or the CDC site for the info on current Clinical Trials.
I think Sadiemae's husband was considering the at home version of the sodium chlorite.

I posted a link for you with a thread full of info on SC but its off in moderation. There is a lot of speculation that WF10 and NP001 (the new Neuraltus drug currently being trialed) are the same drug. They both contain Sodium Chlorite but I don't know if there are other aspects of them the differ.

The link I sent contains the recipe for the Oral Sodium Chlorite and lots of feedback of people who are currently trying it themselves. There should be enough information in there for you to decide if its something you want to try.

Thanks for all the messages. In my original post I put two links for the dex and wf10 from patients like me summary. I don't know why these links disappeared and part of the message didn't appear when the message was published. I was asking if wf10 is the same as sodim and not if dex was the same. If you look at the summary in the patients like me it appears that the drug that is better at this point is wf10. I don't know if is the same as np001 but if so I think the result should be almost the same. Maybe the results are different because there are fewer patients using wf10 than using np001. I don't know. I just wanted to try by myself since here on Brazil I don't have a way to enroll in some clinical trials. Thank you for the information and messages. I will read the post in the other forum and try to figure out how to do the sodium at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back