Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
Starting the mock NP001 trial tomorrow. The mixture is really small. About a Tbsp of the 5% sodium chlorite into 16 oz of distilled water with a pinch of salt and a couple drops of lemon juice. He will be taking 2 tsp twice a day. I am going to take it tonight, just to see what the side effects are.

All the best!

Please keep us informed....the ALSTDI forum is very hard for me to read.

Our Neuro said it can't hurt. He will take it for 7 days then off for 14, just like the NP001 trial.

Hope all goes well! I've been thinking about you!

Good luck with it! I'm glad you ran it by your neuro as well.

Keep us posted :)

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

AL

will your neuro or another Dr. be monitoring him while he is on it? I wish you the best of luck!

I'm very excited to hear how it goes, please update us often!

Hi, I am new to the forum, and newly diagnosed. Please keep me posted on your mock trial aseel. Good Luck

Our Neuro said it can't hurt. He will take it for 7 days then off for 14, just like the NP001 trial.

I'm excited that people are trying the sodium chlorite regimen. Don't know if it makes a difference to you, but the timing you quoted for NP001 infusions is not quite right. Gary is part of the trial in Olympia, WA, and will have his last (of six) treatments next week. He has been getting infusions for 3 consecutive days which are scheduled 28 days apart. This is the same schedule for all the others in the trial. We're not sure if he is getting the drug or not, but I understand that at some point he will be able to find out.

Good luck! Hoping it makes a positive impact for Les.

I am the creator of the OSC project and the first patient to try it ("Patient 1"). If you want to find out more please go to:
https://sites.google.com/site/alschlorite/

Please note that this is only to give PALS early access to chlorite therapy until NP001 is publicly available. This method of administration is at best 1/3 as efficient (efficacious) as NP001. It is only to buy time until NP001 is available (which with luck could be within a year).

[EDIT] The difference in the OSC timing from the NP001 timing is because less chlorite is used and absorbed, so a longer dosing is used to try to build up the same blood concentration. Once at peak the decay is expected to be the same as with IV administration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back