09/2010
Country
US
State
LA
City
Broussard
Nothing really about efficacy, but still noteworthy, I would think:

ROCKVILLE, Md., Feb. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Neuralstem, Inc. (NYSE Amex: CUR) updated the progress of its ongoing Phase I human clinical trial of the company's spinal cord stem cells in the treatment of ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's disease) at Emory Universityin Atlanta, Georgia. The company announced that, after reviewing the safety data from the first nine patients, the trial's Safety Monitoring Board has unanimously approved moving to the last group of ALS patients in this part of the safety trial. These next three patients, all of whom are ambulatory, will each receive ten injections, bilaterally, in the lumbar spinal cord. After this cohort, the FDA will review the trial data to date before approving it to move into the final cohort of patients, who will receive injections in the cervical region of the spinal cord.

Funny that they released this statement the day after patient #10 which is the first of the final 3 patients that are receiving 10 injections bilaterly in the lumbar portion of their spine.

That don't affect your place as number 11 does it Ted?

No not at all, I just thought it was commical that they did # 10 and then the day after they announced they were going to do 10 - 12.

anyone know how the first 3 are

They will not talk about how the previous recipients are doing other then to say there have been no unexpected side effects. Remember this is not about what impact does this have on the disease but is it safe. I too have been discouraged from talking too much about it because it is to be focused on researching whether the procedure and stem cells are safe. I speak to # 7 reguarly and he is doing good but still has progression. I have no idea whether it is slower or not and there is not going to be an instant impact either. I think they have even higher hopes for patients 13 - 18 because they feel that injecting the cells into the cervical spine area can be more beneficial but it is also higher risk.

well i am wishing you the best outcome that one can hope for.

Thanks...I figure they can't start testing and elaborating on whether it can slow or stop progression until they show it's safe. So by volunteering to see if it's safe I figure I am helping the process along and who knows I may end up benefitting as well.

your very welcome , and take care

Thanks for your courage.

Cheers to you, Ted! Im proud to say I know you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back