Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
TH
State
Phuket
City
Patong
I am surprised I can find no thread about this drug yet it is on stage three trial in Europe. Is it because it is another one we are not allowed to talk about?

Olesoxime (TRO19622) is the lead compound of the Trophos' proprietary cholesterol-oxime compound family of mitochondrial pore modulators. Preclinical studies have demonstrated that olesoxime promotes the function and survival of neurons and other cell types under disease-relevant stress conditions through interactions with the mitochondrial permeability transition pore (mPTP) and olesoxime has been shown to be active in the NSE-Cre F7/F7 model of SMA.

Olesoxime is currently undergoing a pivotal efficacy study in another rare motor neuron disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), which has recruited 512 patients and for which results are expected in Q4 2011. Olesoxime has successfully completed a phase 1b study in SMA patients, having previously completed phase I/Ib studies in healthy volunteers and ALS patients. These clinical trials demonstrated that the product is well-tolerated and has an excellent safety profile.
They also showed that once-a-day oral dosing achieves the predicted exposure level required for efficacy, based on preclinical models.

I am surprised I can find no thread about this drug yet it is on stage three trial in Europe. Is it because it is another one we are not allowed to talk about?

Apparently not. Your post came through fine.

In the two years that I have been an active member here, discussion of drug trials and other treatments has not been a high priority on this site, as opposed to other sites where it has become an obsession. If you want in depth discussion of those types of issues, you'll likely be disappointed in the response here.

I was aware of patient recruitment for this trial (partner was offered participation but declined due to travelling distances) and know of two UK PALS on the trial. Both have continued to progress. I guess MNDA will post some news in due course. D

Will the results be posted on website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back