Loved one DX
Country
IRE
State
Dublin
City
Dublin
Dear all,

I am new in the forum and hope to get some feedback from the ones already in the Ceftriaxone trial.

My mother, 57 years old, currently live in China, diagnosed ALS 1 year ago while the first symptoms onset already almost 3.5 years ago. At first the doctors could not give a correct diagnosis as they even never heard of ALS, not mention the treatment or symptoms, its a small city anyway and this disease is still relatively rare. So no one could confirm the diagnosis until last summer when we finnally took her to Beijing.

During this year her condition is getting worse and worse rapidly and aggressively . Knowing that the only approved medicine is Rilutek which is quite expensive and we have no insurance would cover it in China, also cos of the side effect ,my mother did not take Rilutek at all.

Now we heard about the Ceftriaxone trial, maybe we can have a try. Of course we could not be involved in the trial in US but we just want to do it on our own. I have read some thread, seems that the dose should be 2g per time and 2 times per day, however I am not sure about the solvent, is it sterile water or normal saline ? and also the volume , 40ml ? 50 ml ? 100ml? or even more ? And is there anything we should be careful about during taking Ceftriaxone ?

Thanks for your time and your reply is really apprieciated.

Best wishes to ALL of you!

Sophia

You cannot get ceftriaxone without a prescription.

Maybe you can in China. The last time I was in Taiwan you could buy almost any drug without prescription i.e. antibiotics, tranquilizers etc. Little corner stores sold anything you wanted--whether they are really safely manufactured is another question.
Laurel

Dose is 2 g in 20 ml steril water 2 times a day also ursodiol 300 mg 2 times a day.

Thanks very much for all your kind feedbacks.

In China prescription is not a problem. :)

My mother is now trying Ceftriaxone. I will post an update if there is some change or improvement on her.

Thanks again!

The Philippines are the same, no prescription required in most places.

AL.

Hi Serenade, is this the dose specially adjusted to your condition or does the doctor specify the same dose to every patient diagnosed with ALS ? Do you have to increase it gradually while this disease is prolonging ?

Thailand same...can get anything from a pharmacy except morphine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back