Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
We are going to San Fran on the 25th of this month to participate in a Phase 1 safety drug trial for Neuraltis Pharmeceuticals Inc. The drug name is NP001. We will only get one dose, and have 3 follow up visits within a week. This drug would take 20 doses to do what it is supposed to to, which is to slow progression. No gain for us, other than helping out, and doing something. This trial actually pays you to do it($550) however, since we live 200 miles away, we probably will not even break even, with gas and parking. Anyway, the trials are being done in San Fran and Kansas City.

Good Luck! I hope you experience positive benefits.

Ask if they will pay you for mileage. Can't hurt to ask! We did on the last trial my husband was in and they paid him for mileage. Every little bit helps.

Actually, they are putting us up in a hotel for one nite, plus the $550. Parking runs about $30 a day and the gas is about $65 round trip, plus meals, so we should break about even. We would probably do it even if they were not paying us though. I think the psychological benefit my husband will get from doing it is worth it.

Good luck on your trip & please be safe & thank your husband for his participation.God Bless.
Sharon

We did the NP001 for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis trial, and when we did it they said phase 2 will involve 200 people, and be enough of the drug to show some benefit. They were hoping for a start date of Phase 2 in early 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is excellent! It sounds very promising, please keep us updated!

This sounds promising all right. However, I am somewhat confused as I didn't know there were any biomarkers for ALS. Do you know what "blood biomarker" the company is referring to?

No I don't, but will try to find out!

Good luck Lori~Let us know how it goes ok. Be safe in your travels!

Great news Lori! God, its like we just get caught up in the disease so much, we forget to hope that something "good" would come out soon! Calling my depressed dad about this one, hopefully it will cheer him up. Keep us posted on how Les does! Hey, and did the DVD I sent you help any?
Hugs, Kari

Last edited by a moderator:
ok I know what it is.. I researched it.. Let me know how it goes. I heard that NP001 was tested in Thailand under a different name and one man was able to reverse most of his ALS.. I need to find that article and post it. I wanted to participate but I live too far away from the clinic and my doctor thought it best I rest it out and wait for it to come out in Aug.. it should hit the pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back