PALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
Blue Bell
All,

I posted a couple of months ago about concern about various physical symptoms (such as twitches and muscle fatigue) and some active and chronic denervation that showed up on the EMG. I went to the Univ of Penn and met with their EMG expert. I was very fortunate to find out that in his opinion I do not have ALS, and that the changes in the EMG are very mild and explained by the 4 herniated discs of varying degrees in my back. There was no weakness, atrophy or change in reflexes seen in the physical exam. I was diagnosed with Benign Fasciculation Syndrome, as well as with various pains and muscle fatigue that comes from the disc herniations.

I've very aware of how lucky I am for the moment, and take nothing for granted. I realize that my diagnosis could change in the future for any reason. Many thanks to everyone for all of the support and advice that was provided by those on this board. You are all in my thoughts and prayers on a daily and weekly basis.

Great news Flatcoat. I do remember you. Glad to see someone get a break so to speak. Drop in once in a while and say hello.
AL.

Hello again, Flatcoat. Glad you have such good news! Cindy

Hi Flatcoat, I'm glad your diagnosis didn't take too long and it wasn't as bad as thought. It is not a clean bill of health but thankfully it is not terminal. Take care, Sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back