Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Kitchener
The thread closed? Ha! I shall just start another.

Can't keep me down.

Angie

Attachments

• 27971550_727005024162686_1347276089918412867_n.jpg
    27971550_727005024162686_1347276089918412867_n.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 308
Great! Thanks Angie!
So I got a Vitamix blender last week (in anticipation of eventual changes in feeding needs :)). I’m having a lot of fun playing around making smoothies. My latest creation is a peanut butter smoothie made by mixing peanut butter, milk, vanilla-flavored protein powder, banana, blueberries, a little coconut oil, and a pinch of cocoa powder. Add ice and water, and blend. Yum. This is addicting. I’ll pour drinks at the pub if anyone wants a taste.

I'll try anything at least once!

Angie

@Angie thanks for reopening the pub - can't believe we had suddenly gone a month without visiting the old one!

@Karen - that smoothie sounds awesome and it's a great way to get to know your new vitamix as these high powered drinks will keep you in good stead for a long time :)

Karen, Your post reminds me of my first and only Vitamix mishap.

My brother loves peanut butter ice cream. Aside from one little mom and pop store, he can never find any. The base has to be vanilla, not chocolate.

So I went out and bought some organic vanilla ice cream, some bananas, and a bunch of organic peanuts. I made the peanut butter with a little sea salt and some coconut oil. So after dinner I told him I was going to surprise him with dessert. I got the Vitamix out put in the ice cream, peanut butter, bananas and pushed everything down with the tamper. Then I turned it on high. It sounded rather like the motor was broken but all looked well.

His daughter was visiting at the time so there were about 5 or 6 of us. His daughter was the first one to try it and she said it was crunchy. That didn't make sense until I tasted it and spit out a piece of plastic!!!!! Somehow, the plastic plug that covers the hole when you don't use the tamper had fallen into the mix and was part of the ice cream.

Threw it all out and made another batch with store bought peanut butter. Then I watched as they gingerly "choked down" their gourmet dessert.

You'll never throw out bananas when you have a Vitamix. When they start to turn, just freeze them and use them in a smoothy.

I do one with frozen cherries, frozen blueberries, and Greek yogurt. Soup is good, too.

Have fun.

Cheers. You can always add something to make the experience better.

Good story about the little plastic top piece getting ground up in the Vitamix. Probably not very tasty. Peanut butter ice cream with a vanilla base sounds good, as does the smoothie with cherries, blueberries and yogurt.
We definitely can have a smoothie bar in our pub.

Hey, you Vita-vixens! Just arrived yesterday to southern France for our vacation after two days on the road. Wondered where there is a nice bar in town and stumbled right into Angie's Auld Anchor here. To celebrate finding you, I'll have a lemon soda with lemon verbena (my favorite herbal tea EVER). I had one yesterday and it was really refreshing.

Ouch to that plastic - I had a similar one once but it was the rubber seal mmmm that flavour...

What's the weather like in southern France? that herbal tea sounds great, lemon of any kind in tea is delightful - I often use lemon balm out of my garden :)

The weather is very agreeable, 15°C, so a light jacket during the day is enough. Right now, on my way to the pub, I walk the little streets in the old part of the town. There's olive and palm trees, even orange trees with lots of fruit. The city puts a lot of work into sidewalks that are accessible and in the old town streets where the sidewalk were much too before the streets are now one level and carfree.

Glad to hear you got a bit of a vacation, Wish. The lemon soda and lemon verbena sounds wonderful.

I'm preparing for easter with this ridiculous amount of passionfruits my vine is pumping out.

I've had vodka suggested as a great addition and chocolate of course has to be in there somewhere.

Anyone a cocktail kinda person here that can suggest anything? I'm thinking of getting easter eggs and cutting the tops off to make them the cups to pour some wicked passionfruit drink into.

Open to suggestions, will post pics back here - seems like a bunch of Chris's kids will come over on good Friday to share em with me :)

Attachments

• passionfruit.jpg
    passionfruit.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 427
I don’t have any suggestions, but now I have a hankering for passion fruit. :)

I'm not much of a drinker but I've bought some hazelnut liqueur and a few things and I'm going to experiment - I will share the results but all suggestions welcome!

Wish I could share the results - free drinks on Tillie and Karen I'd give you a bag full of passionfruit!

Last edited:
Passionfruit is the best!
You could probably take any sour cocktail and add passionfruit. Taking your thing for rum into account tropical fruit punches could be the solution.

The Bundaberg Homepage has a couple of cocktail recipes.
Tropical Storm

Bundaberg Ginger Beer
60ml White Rum
30ml Lime juice
10ml Sugar syrup
20ml Peach nectar
1 x Passion fruit
Peach fan to garnish

Add Rum, Lime juice, Sugar syrup, Peach nectar and Passion fruit.
Shake, then strain into a tall glass. Top with Bundaberg Ginger Beer. Add Ice. Garnish with a peach fan.

Now that sounds quite delish Wishmobbing thanks!

Of course we are pouring them into easter eggs :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back