Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Welcome to "After 5"! This is a place to come and relax, listen to your favorite tune on the

jukebox or hear the latest from the pub's visiting artists. While you're bellied up to the bar

(we serve hootch, wine, beer, soda, milk, you name it!), you can also snack on something

from the grill. Surf & turf is our specialty!

We are always open because somewhere in the world, it is always "After 5"!

I stopped in on my way home from community band practice and am enjoying a birthday glass of "BIG ASS CAB" 2007 Nappa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. It has a rather rotund couple pictured dancing on the label. Very tasty! Goes down well with a hot dog (fresh off the grill!)

So, A toast to another birthday, come and gone!

PZ, I'm glad your hotdog has a wine to coordinate with it. Around these parts a hotdog would be any old dog left outside the air conditioning. Your Pub is such a happy place to hang out. Surf and Turf sounds pretty good! The company is superb and the music is all encompassing. Can't be beat. Happy Birthday!

What do you mean another birthday been and gone without us knowing about it :lol:
I will remember next year that it is a day or so before Barry's.
I have a cake in the oven for his, now i guess i will have to just add some more candles to it for you too.

Cheers and hope you enjoyed the dog and the wine.

Peter

Last edited:
PZ,

As always you're the perfect host. So... this new pub of yours, is it the start of a "chain" or is it more like the old pub just with updates (and extended hours)

I'm looking forward to enjoying some of the live musical talent.... maybe you can have genre night. 7 nights a week should about cover any style, and your juke box seems to be limitless.

Right now, I'm enjoying a can of my favorite (read: cheap) seltzer water. Mandarin Orange by Giant Foods. Earlier though, I was still valiantly working my way through a shiraz 8)

Ann, LOL Re: any dog left outside is a hot dog. You can say that again! I think someone better put (Love is Like a) Heat Wave on the juke box.

Wait... birthday? who has a birthday? PZ is it you? I hate it when I miss someones. Mare's completely got past me. I will have to check tomorrow, well later on today technically. I'm off to bed!

Yep, it's PZ's bday today! Speaking of hot dogs! 33C here today and in a cottage with no ac! My poor spoiled dog! She has never had to make it through a heat wave without it before! She discovered the joys of popsicles today! (that and dancing in her water dish)Sadly all my booze is still in another province. So will have to do with ice tea, straight!

Yep, it's PZ's bday today! Speaking of hot dogs! 33C here today and in a cottage with no ac! My poor spoiled dog! She has never had to make it through a heat wave without it before! She discovered the joys of popsicles today! (that and dancing in her water dish)Sadly all my booze is still in another province. So will have to do with ice tea, straight!

Well its after 5 and a Friday night so i am having a beer, Coopers of course and later i will have just a small port in front of the fire :smile:

cheers
Peter

See? I knew it was always 5 o'clock somewhere! Drink up Peter! I was turned on to a couple of new drinks from the old Pub that I think I'm going to try tonight. And, I'm going to try to make a gezpacho today too.

Hmmm...yep, I'll have a pearl harbor, and sex on the beach, and a climax...those three should just about put me under the table! Saturday morning may not be fun, but Friday night will!

I love the jukebox! It has everything I like to hear, from jazz to hip hop! I love it, and the quarters always come back to me after I choose. I'm coming to this pub every night!

Happy Birthday PZ! Love you!

well then happy birthday pz and a early one for barry -- i would like to make a toast to two dear friends , may you all have love and kindness forever and a day

What a lovely toast!

I'll drink to that!

Kim, This is the band I told you about. A great drinking band. HUGS Lorihttp://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=cfs-TFt96T0&feature=related PS I couldn't link it here, but I put it on your facebook page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back