View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 01:35 AM #8 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road

My God and I thought I was the only one that didn't have a life. Think Mike's been drinking too much of that Fat Bastard. Brilliant is an understatement. Laffed my a_ _ off. I knew Mike was a little off the wall but I had no idea just how far he was.

Got in about 2 hours late early sat. 2am.The plane was held up in Toronto so they gave us free drinks but I didn't feel like more than 1 wine. Such a waste. Other than being tired we had a great trip. And just for the information of wheelchair bound buddies the hotel we were at is pretty good in the access dept. There was a lady there with severe arthritis in a power chair and I talked to her and she said the hotel was great and Skyservice was great about taking all her equipment. The hotel is Sierra Mar in Santiago de Cuba, in the Conquest tour book.
Drank my share of Banana mama's banana dacquiri's and pina colada's. Didn't fall down once so I must not have drank that much.Food was pretty good by Cuban standards. I didn't gain or lose any weight and Lee isn't saying. Lee got to scuba dive 3 days.I don't think that would be good for me unless it was a planned drowning and I'm not ready for that yet, so I have retired from diving. We got to town on Tues to arrange the pig roast.

On Thurs. we went to town and had the pig roast. We have a friend whose parents live by the harbour and have a big yard that is perfect for a pig roast. We provide all the food and drink and there was about 30-40 people that showed up. Our friends that travel with us split the cost and we met new people that wanted to come and they helped defray the cost of the van to transport everyone to the city

Weather was great 27-31 everyday and only 3 short showers. Didn't get to smoke a cigar but might get one of the ones I brought back the son-in-law. Maybe for Christmas after dinner.
Had some breathing problems and leg cramps a couple of nights so slept crappy. Hope this isn't boring everyone but I have never seen as much interest in my trips to Cuba. Guess a lot can't travel.
I guess I better not tell everyone about going to Florida for a month in Feb. if I'm ok to go. Don't want to jinx myself. I took some pictures so when I download them to Yahoo I'll post them on the website for anyone that wants to have a look. Guess that's enough for now. Missed you all. Good to be back. Oh and by the way Mike thanks for the promotion to Chief. Wish I was getting his pension instead of my Captain's one.