View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 02:09 PM #2 (permalink)

PALS Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
PALS Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SURVIVOR: CUBA, ISLAND OF RUM UPDATE-PART 2

...And in a strategic move, Al chose Fidel as his "Clothing Optional" beach companion in hopes of using the time to convince him to break the Reform/PC Party alliance.
TREK TO VERO DERO
After a scenic horseback trek, Al and Fidel were thrilled to find a hut filled with cigars, Pina Coladas and beer waiting for them. While enjoying the feast, Al explained to Fidel that Charo had put the decision about whether or not they were going to break away from Sheila and Tammy Faye in his hands.
Fidel speculated about why Al had chosen him, saying, "It didn't surprise me that he picked me. He wants to go further in the game, and he knows his name's coming up for elimination."
FRICTION AT CAMP
Thirsty back at camp, Charo wanted to drink Cuba Libras, but didn't know where Sheila had hidden the limes. Rationing for later, Sheila refused to tell Charo their whereabouts, which caused an argument. Tammy Faye teamed up with Sheila, alienating Charo to the point of frustration. "It's just gotten to a point where we cannot hold back anymore," Charo complained. "Especially Sheila. She's just so childish and drunk."
NOTHING HAS CHANGED
After a night of witnessing nature's fireworks in the form of mating Sealions, Fidel and Al returned to camp. Immediately upon his return, Fidel needed to reassure Tammy Faye and Sheila that their alliance was still intact. Angry with Sheila, Charo pulled Fidel aside in another effort to convince him to recruit Al into their pact and vote out Sheila. "I don't trust Tammy Faye, I don't trust Sheila, I don't trust Charo and I don't trust Al. And they don't trust each other. And the most screwed up thing about it is, I think they all trust me." marveled Fidel.
IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: WARRIOR
When the tribe converged for the Challenge, Jeff Probst explained that this competition involved memory and speed. Jeff will tell the Cuban Survivors a story about Jean Chretien, a legendary Liberal chief. After the story, the players must race to a series of different stations, where they must answer questions about the story. For every correct answer, they receive a sponsorship cheque to deposit to their accounts in the Cayman Islands. The first player to deposit all cheques to their account and avoid prosecution from the Auditor General wins Immunity.
After Jeff finished the story, the Survivors rushed to their first station. As the race went on, most of the Survivors had no trouble answering the questions correctly; it was more an issue of speed and puzzle assembly. With Tammy Faye and Sheila trailing, Al and Charo found themselves deadlocked in a tie with four cheques each.
After Charo answered a question concerning why the men of the Liberal Party run for Prime Minister before (actually) calling an election, she ran her fifth cheque to the bank and claimed her first Immunity.
SWING VOTE FIDEL
After returning to camp from the Challenge, Fidel found himself in a power position. Fidel could either band with Charo and Al to vote out Sheila, or stay with his Sheila-Tammy Faye alliance to vote out Al. After painful deliberation, Fidel made his decision. Further confusing the matter, he told both Sheila and Al that he had decided to vote the other off. "Fidel approaches me and says he's going to straight up vote for Sheila," Al mused. "I hope he keeps me around; that's all I can do,"
In the end, Al's hopes dissolved as Fidel went back on his word and wrote down his name. With the three-to-two decision, Al became fourteenth voted out of SURVIVOR: CUBA. He will be the fifth Survivor to serve on the Jury that will ultimately decide who wins the title Sole Survivor and takes home the "Be a Dictator of a small Caribbean Nation" prize.
Be sure to tune in this Sunday, December 19 at 8PM ET/PT for the exciting two-hour season finale, followed by the SURVIVOR: CUBA, ISLAND OF RUM REUNION at 10PM ET/PT, only on CBC.