Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
UK
State
Lincolnshire
City
Grimsby
Help ! Please can nyone tell me if they know of this problem I'm having . I am peg fed and have the occasional semolina or yogurt to keep the taste buds in useful employment.
I dribble copious amounts and have a very dry mouth at times and especially overnight .
I have an AS Saliva spray to use if I wish . I make sure I put plenty water down my peg to keep hydrated .
Now to my problem . For the last few days the inside of my cheeks have been producing pockets of fluid like huge blisters , including right at the back of my throat , making it difficult to mouth breath and swallow anything until it pops and clears until next build up of fluid . It's really making my mouth sore on my top palate , which remains dry .
The taste is not nice , and has made me lose my appetite . :-(

I Hope somebody can give you an answer. I still eat by mouth but have a sore roof of my mouth also, very dry mouth at night that I put down to the bipap, I have a Doctors appointment for tomorrow as I am concerned it might be thrush.See if you can get in to see your family doctor,it must be very unpleasant for you.

I will try to get to see my gp , but this won't be until next week as the surgery is closed over the weekend . I am at the day unit at the hospice tomorrow , I might ask one of the nurses what she thinks . if I'm well enough to go . I have one at the back of my throat at the moment and can feel it , it's not nice at all . Thank you for replying Blackpool xx

Tich ... I hope your doctor has an answer. I have had recurring bouts of thrush, but the past prescription, which I finished yesterday, didn't do a thing to help, so I don't know if it's grown resistant to the med or if it's something else.

it doesn't form blisters, but there is usually blood on my toothbrush when I brush my cheeks and upper palate. I also have a peculiar taste in the left side of my mouth ... like beef gravy. Not too unpleasant, but it doesn't belong there and I can't get rid of it. I wonder what it smells like to other people! I hadn't had that taste before.

Let me know what you find out. Hope you get it cleared up soon.

Hope you both get an answer. That is really frustating, I have ulcers all over my mouth, I use a mouth wash that is a prescription, it helps healing. I wonder if that would give either of you any relief. I am thinking of you and pulling for relief.

Hello Beth and hopingforcure , thank you for your help . I do hope you find what is causing that Beth . Oh hopingforcure , ulcers are so painful .
I was at the day unit at the hospice today and the nurse called the doc who came to see me . He said these blisters are common with this condition and could be pharangeal oesophagus thrush , or a throat infection affecting my mouth too , he wasn't sure but has given me antibiotics . xxxx

Hi Tich and hopingforcure,just to bring you up todate, I went to the family Doctor today and yep it is thrush he gave me a script, maybe I will start to feel better soon,I have been feeling lousy latley or is this what to expect from now on?

Hello Blackpool , my doc has given me Diflucan to put down my tube as he thinks it could be thrush . It's not very nice at all is it honey , it's knocked my appetite right off . I hope yours clears up quickly xxx

Swelling buccal mucosa
Hi Folks, Sis had a problem with thrush, we were told to toss her toothbrush as it was contaminated and to use swabs to clean her mouth until the problem cleared up then we used a new brush. We followed these instructions and she had only one bout of this pesky uncomfortable problem.
I'm sure you all probably have the same info, but decided to post it just in case.

Jane

Hi guys, checking in on you both.. I am hoping you feel better, gosh the fun just keep's on coming sometimes.. I was thinking about you and hoping we you feel better soon. Big hugs to all of you kind helpful dear people on this forum..

Hi again , I've been taking the Diflucan for a week now . My mouth and throat is better than it was but still has some blisters .
A horrible thing too is that when I rinse my mouth out , the buccal mucosa comes away ! It really has put me off any food , even through my peg . Also just as I think all the lining has come away , a few hours later and the same thing , blister and shed :-(

Well , I had the course of Diflucan , and the blisters are still occuring . Now I have a really sore throat and inside cheeks . My carer rang the gp for me and the district nurse brought round antibiotics , Keflex , for me , so let's hope this clears it up . xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back