Thread: Bon Voyage Al!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 11:19 PM #12 (permalink)

City: Uxpatch
State: ON
Interest: My wife lost her battle with ALS in 2001
TBear is an unknown quantity at this point
City: Uxpatch
State: ON
Interest: My wife lost her battle with ALS in 2001
TBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carol:

Did you get the syringe with the G-tube? We never had a blockage that couldn't be cleared. What I did was run a load of warm water through the tube immediately after each feeding (probably about 100 cc's) and a syringe load again immediately before the next one.

If Henry is losing mass maybe he should be getting a bit more of the Nutrisource or whatever it is that he is using...

The whole interaction among you guys communicating brings back a lot of memories for me. Not to minimize anybody's work... but I believe that it is so much easier to intuitively know what's going on with a non-verbal ALS patient if you've lived with them for oh say 20 or 30 years! I usually knew what Mary needed however, she could screw me up from time to time when I wasn't paying attention. When that happened there was always a big laugh to let me know how stupid I was!

I imagine that after 20 or so years that you are on eachother's wavelength...but then again us guys are pretty much straightforward. You know... scratch me, feed me, beer me and.............! With women, us poor guys have to stay on our toes... because really who knows what's on a woman's mind?

Take care and let me know how you make out with the tube.

CHeers

T.