Husband fell head first into bathtub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeker,
German Shep's are so pretty, they do have a ton of hair, but just so darn pretty. Your kitten picture is really cute, we do love are animals here.

I'm glad your hubby is okay! My hubby did the same darn thing back in April or May, I can't remember which. He was walking past the tub and lost his balance and BOOM in he went! He also hit his head. I was amazed he didn't break the skin THAT time. It was on June 27th he wasn't so lucky and had to get 9 staples in his head from falling in the bathroom and hitting his head on the floor...

I'm glad to hear he didn't hurt himself! My husband has fallen in the tub twice too! Both times he was pulling up his boxers and completely lost his sense of center and stumbled head first into the tub. He cut himself both times. Very scary experience.
This past Monday night he was up during the night and fell twice in our bedroom. Once against a dressing table near his closet then later somehow he came around to my side of the bed and fell between the wall, my nightstand and our bed. I flew out of bed. It was tricky picking him up. Luckily he didn't cut himself.
I worry that he will really hurt himself one of these times. We have 2 different wheelchairs now and he still refuses to use them inside the house. He's having a hard time accepting this stage of his disease. He's lost another 9 lbs. over the last 3 months. At clinic last week they let us know that his bulbar symptoms are progressing rapidly. Heartbreaking news for both of us.

Sis

Yay Schnoodles! The best dogs ever. My Chico is the smartest little guy you'll ever meet. They are very eager to learn and easy to train but very energetic as puppies. Chico will be 13 on December 13th and as I type this he is curled up on his favorite chair napping while his furriend Charlotte, a beautiful grey tabby who is temporarily living with us, is curled up in his dog bed.

Hoping, your Morkie must be adorable and your cat is a real cutie!

Attachments

• Chico & Charlotte napping.jpg
    Chico & Charlotte napping.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 338
Did Chico get a hair cut? How do you get a cat temporarily? How did I end up under a parachute with Glen? Where am I now? Can't go celebrate an anniversary around here!:)

Sis, sorry to hear about the falls. Perhaps a pee bottle beside the bed might be a solution, if he's getting up to do number 1, that is. Guys are lucky in that manner. The gals not so much, right? I'm sorry to hear about the progression as well. Yes, it's a really hard stage he's passing into, for you both. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Schnoodles and morkies. Sounds like another planet sometimes....:)

Pam

Colleen, Chico did get a hair cut on Wednesday. He really needed it. And the kitty belongs to my friend who is staying with me for a couple of months.

Ok, I get it now. Sorry,slow on uptake. Why so late in the season for a haircut? Poochie goes Tues. for a "bath" (shudder, shudder)! and nail clip. I tried to warn them, but they said they would take her anyways.
Are you packing yet? Getting excited?
Colleen

Just bought a tub transfer chair.. no tub dives here! LOL We call anything tiled or ceramic a danger zone.. for it's gets too slippery. I ordered it online, and now I realize we should have had it months ago. Not only do we place it in the shower area, but the hot tub as well.
Hope no more tub falls.
Hugs
Lou's CAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back