Other
Country
US
State
OH
City
Cleveland
Hello,

I am a 28 year old female, generally in good health. This past summer I started developing twitching in my face and a bit of what I would describe as perceived weakness.

I began a new job at the beginning of August, and the twitching began getting much worse and moving into my lower extremities, mainly my left calf at first. The twitching also effects my other calf, biceps, forearms and occasionally my feet, hands, back and neck.

The twitching went away for almost entirely for about 2 to 3 weeks. Last week I began experiencing twitching in my eyeball. I noticed on Sunday that the twitching was returning in my left arm, and by Tuesday when I was back at work, the twitching had come back to my entire body, now presenting itself with some mild cramping, especially when I am driving for long periods of time in my calves.

I think my tongue is also beginning to feel funny, though I don't know if I am imagining it. My mouth is very dry.

I am not experiencing any foot drop that I know of, and I think my weakness is more perceived than anything. I can walk on my tip toes fine, etc. My twitches are better today, but I am shaking, but I think it is out of fear.

My GP referred me to a neurologist whom I am seeing on Tuesday. I saw him back in 08 to rule out MS thru an MRI, which came back fine, though I do have some back injuries.

I am someone who has always suffered from extreme anxiety regarding my health since I was 14. My father was diagnosed with something similar to MS and committed suicide when I was 14. I never know if what I am feeling is real or imagined.

Do ALS symptoms like twitching come and go? Do you suffer from muscle cramping and tingling like I do, or does this sound more like BFS?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Welcome to the site. Sorry you are having those symptoms.

I will have to say that there so many reasons to twitch , that you should exclude them from thinking you have ALS.

Everyone can speculate as to what is going on in your body , but its only the neuro's that can give you definite DX.

I see that you have already lined up an appointment for next week and that was a smart move.

Until then , leave the worries behind and relax . Have some fun this weekend. Tuesday will come quicker if you are not waiting for it.

Glen

Thank you for your reply! I will let everyone know how Tuesday goes!

Hello FioreBello. Your start of this thread is a mistake. You are not a 28 year old presenting with ALS symptoms. You are a 28 year old with possibly stress related symptoms. You notice I say possibly. More of your symptoms sound stress related than ALS related but then I'm not a doctor. Good that you're seeing one. Try to relax until then.

AL.

Thank you, Al. I will let you know how it goes this week. I am praying that it is just my stress and anxiety again.

I agree with the others, I think your symptoms sound more like stress . You have been through so much. I just can't imagine having to go through loosing my dad to suicide :( .. I am so sorry. I am glad you made an appointment with the doctor you made a good decision to do that to rule ALS out. But I honestly think you are going to find you need to find some peace in life with how your day passed away. That is going to be very hard but you can do it. Keep us updated we are here if you need to talk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back