View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 12:13 PM #10 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road

I had 2 IVG treatments each lasting 8 hours. Didn't do me any good but boy did I get a bad rash about 4 or 5 days later. Within a few more days I looked like a cooked lobster. The skin on my face was peeling off in little chunks like dandruff. And the burning and itching were unbearable. It took about a week to clear when they finally got the right combination of creams. Needless to say I didn't do that treatment again. She was treating me for what she thought was Multi Focal Motor Neuropathy. Then she said try the chemo drug Cytoxan. Did that for about 8 days. Foot swelled up pain was unbearable again so quit that. Went back to my neurologist and told him that 3 out of 4 doctors say ALS so I think I have ALS so send me to the Clinic at Sunnybrook. And here I am today. I first saw the neurologist in Oct. 03 and he diagnosed me in 4 days after EMG and nerve conduction. I had symptoms (fasciculations and weakness and wasting) for the 10 months previously. The clinic did an MRI and all the other tests again and said sorry about your luck You're screwed. Not quite what he said but you get the drift. So I live day to day and today I am sore as hell. We went to an open house for an hour or 2 and ended up staying 5 hours. Think I stood too long and my arm and shoulder are sore today. Lee says it shouldn't be from holding a glass of wine that long because I am used to that. lol Guess I was having a good time. It is good to be with friends especially this time of year. I know you are tired but have you got your tree up. My wife and daughter are Xmas maniacs. Decorations everywhere. This does tend to cheer me up even though I am a Bah Humbug kind of a guy. Might make a difference with your husband. Al.