Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick update.

More folks are helping out and posting to their various networks. We picked up some over night.

As an FYI - I am going to be offline intermittently on Thurs. evening and to a lesser degree on Friday. I'd scheduled a day off, before we knew about this and planned a trip. I'll continue to tweet and update facebook from my phone and check-in here as best as I can when I'm not driving.

I remain hopeful that all the work everyone here has put into this will help see us through to success.

Thank you all for your amazing effort!

Enjoy your day off! Try to relax a bit! :D

You got my three votes...way to go..looking good for ALS!

Thanks guys.

I'll enjoy my day off after midnight, when the vote is over :)

Mount Sinai Hospital has come out of nowhere and got over 2000 votes overnight. They have a huge following, but we can pull this out if we keep working at it.

Thanks again for all your help and support!

My son sent it out on twitter, and facebook, anyone who has not voted ... Vote now.. Vote NOW....VOTE NOW... PLEASE...

Hi Everyone.

Just a final note to say thank you to everyone whose helped, along with their family, friends and colleagues. We've posted a large number of votes and each of you made a huge impact on this.

We're tremendously grateful and even humbled by the way everyone rallied together to support this effort.

Thank you so very much!
Laurie

So we did it? Is it done? We WON?

We certainly had the most votes - by far! We hit close to 5000 - the next closest was in the low 3K range.

However, the organizers seem to be changing the criteria and/or backtracking. They said:

Again, we are currently evaluating some extenuating circumstances - blog post to follow shortly.

Nothing has been posted since. So I have no clue what is going on. As soon as I know, I'll update.

Methinks that once again we are screwed. They wanted a better known charity/ cause to win. They have no idea what ALS is and wanted something like breast cancer or little kids in wheelchairs to win. Us old people in wheelchairs just don't count. I think we wasted our time. I might be wrong. I never joined twitter because I figured some how some where they'd screw me. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't happen that often.

AL.

I got the same feeling Al. I sincerely hope we are wrong! If they do disqualify us then we should start an email campaign. We should flood them with protesting emails! They would at least know about ALS then.

Toronto strikes again! I agree with Al and Joel, this whole thing smells a little fishy to me. Maybe they just took the weekend off and will announce us the winner on Monday but I'm not holding my breath. I keep coming back to the idea that people don't really want to know about a disease that has no cure (yet) and no real treatment, people want happy endings.

I am with Joel, if they backtrack and give this to a different cause we should flood them with protesting emails and publicize this as much as possible! We should go as far as contacting a news network as well!

Boy, you Canadians are such skeptics! LOL

Remember what your Grandmother use to say: You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar! Besides, their game; their rules!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back