Someone dares to walk on the road
By the house

The water boils dry
The spaghetti sits
Waiting to cook

My world is on hold
My Love has an itch he can't scratch
And a tear he can't wipe​

Gosh....I remember those times so well.....they were aggravating sometimes. However, when the end of their suffering comes, part of our lives are lost in the eery quietness. Getting used to a new kind of normal takes a lot out of you. I never wish my mother was still here....unless she could be healthy. Since that is the reality, I am glad I went through every trial with her. At least I know we did everything possible to make her as happy and comfortable as we could.

Thank you for that. Sometimes it's maddening. I'm a habitual multitasker who has had to learn to slow down and just "be" sometimes.

Me too. I understand all of that....the phone ringing, the vent alarm ringing, Mom ringing her bell, the door bell ringing and I haven't eaten or had anything to drink yet today....sometimes it gets to be too much for me too. I was about to cancel my gym membership because well, I never go. But I have an aid for 2 days a week, 3 hours each day and this week one of the days I went to the pool. I just closed my eyes and floated and then swam and swam and it felt sooo good. We need to find something....for us. God Bless.
Laura

The phone is ringing​

The dogs are barking
The water is boiling​

No one answers the phone
Teens have their own cells
So it can't be for them..​

No one quiets the dogs
Someone dares to walk on the road
By the house​

The water boils dry
The spaghetti sits
Waiting to cook​

My world is on hold
My Love has an itch he can't scratch​

And a tear he can't wipe​

This is beautifully written and it's like you were looking in my window.

"My world is on hold" describes exactly how I feel. Not knowing how long this will go on. Fearing that it could end all to soon, but also fearing that this doesn't change for years and years and years..... How long can I withstand it? Sometimes I think "not another minute" sometime I think "forever, if that's what it takes".

Hope you keep writing your poetry, as that was indeed beautifully written. Perhaps you could blog it.

It truly shows the dichotomy of the situation.

The suffering will end, but when?

It just goes on day after day No end in sight and you wonder
Were we ever really normal The mind dwells on things
None of which I would have ever imagined would happen to us
And we hope, pray for change Feeling it is our lot in life
to live this terrible dream For what possible reason
We may never know Only time will tell us when it is time to go
Yes, the end is getting closer It may be a lot closer than we think
I trust the timing is in God's hands For when my work is finished
I am ready to go. Finally peace at last, for all who endured the pain.

Thanks, Capt Al and those who can relate to my posts. My Andy is in the final stages of this disease, and I am struggling today. He is looking forward to heaven, and living in the Light of our Heavenly Father. It's the transition from here to there, and all the earthly worries he carries that provoke him to tears. While my time here as been short, the comfort and support everyone gives each other is very uplifting to me. Blessings, Pam

Pam, I'm so sorry Andy is in the final stages. My prayers are with you both.
I can so relate to your poetry~
God bless you~

Pam,

I am so sorry you two have had to goe through this. My thoughts are with you.

Zaphoon

I am so sorry that you have to go through this difficult time. Wish we could help.I hope that you know that we are all here thinking of you.

What an achingly beautiful poem. It brings tears to my eyes. I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this.

Thank you all!

Pam and Andy, I am fairly new to this forum,but I just want you to know that not a day goes by now that I am not thinking about the two of you and how you are doing? This fourm is like a new family that has come into my life. We are all in this together. I am so grateful for this. I am so sorry for the hard times . You are an amazing person and how lucky Andy has been to have you near him until the end. Which is really a new beginning! Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back