ALS Guardian Angels- Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stu ... you've had some great suggestions on here. Hope one of them works.

IF NOT ... on the day of the auction, I suggest a protest at the auction site. (I assume it will be in one of those group auctions they stage in an air conditioned conference room somewhere.) I will definitely be there in a wheel chair with picket sign if you give the go-ahead. If a bunch of So. Calif. PALS could rally together to protest, I guarantee you'll get TV news coverage.

Especially since it's in August (slow news month ... let's hope it stays that way).

Another suggestion: Gloria Allred

Her website says she "welcomes correspondence" and you can e-mail a brief description of the issue directly to her office. There are buttons for employment and non-employment matters. For the latter, make it REALLY short. Maybe something like:

A 39-year-old Orange County woman with Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS), who has lost her speech and is completely paralized, will be left homeless with her two adolescent children when her mortgage company auctions off her home in two weeks. The mortgage company has refused to renegotiate her mortgage so she can stay in her home. She is desperate for help.

Bless you, Saint Stu

Last edited:
I think the auction is on the courthouse steps. I've never been to one. I'm going to be there sign in hand.

Stu

I tried, We will see!

I sent E-Mails to the following in the last two hours:

The Governer Arnold Schwarzenegger:
http://gov.ca.gov/interact

Edmund G. Brown, Jr. Attorney General:

http://caag.state.ca.us/

TV Stations:

02 - CBS - KCBS
04 - NBC - KNBC
05 - WB - KTLA
07 - ABC - KABC
13 - UPN - KCOP

Orange County Register:

David Whiting Team leader News director 714-796-6869 [email protected]

I will do more tomorrow. Going to bed folks. Tired.

Lorie

Stu needs our help, He has helped us, Now please help with this.

Stu you have no idea how much of a blessing you have been to so many of us here on the Forum. Sometimes I feel there are Angels in our midst, that just come out of nowhere to bless us and help us realize that we are not the only ones hurting and in need. You have helped many of us come out of our caves and reach out to other people.

It is like the old story, I complained about my shoes hurting my feet, until I saw a man with no feet.

Thank you for your efforts and I still believe God for a miracle in this case. Pray people, please pray, and send emails, make the phone calls. Let our voice be heard across this country. This is just one case of many more to come. It could be you next.

This is sickening ... this must be stopped !

On the JP Morgan Chase website, it brags that the company has 2.1 TRILLION dollars in assets. And it's such a good corporate entity that it gives away vast sums of money to worthy causes each year ...

Quote from website:

As JPMorgan Chase has evolved into one of the world's largest and most influential global financial institutions, our approach to philanthropic investment has also evolved. However, throughout this evolution and change, one thing has remained constant: our firm's unwavering commitment to making a positive difference in the communities where we operate.

JPMorgan Chase's philanthropic goal is simple - be the catalyst to meaningful, positive, and sustainable change within our highest need neighborhoods and communities across the globe. In 2007, JPMorgan Chase gave more than $100 million through grants and sponsorships to thousands of not-for-profit organizations around the world. We also support the individual interests of our employees through the Matching Gift and volunteer programs.

Community development - address issues related to poverty and social exclusion by building economic infrastructure, promoting self-sufficiency, and supporting efforts to narrow social inequities.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Throwing a PALS and her children onto the streets is a great way to promote self-sufficiency and community development ! I know for privacy reasons, we cannot post this PALS' name or address, so we cannot mount an e-mail campaign to JPM-C, but surely a good lawyer could cut through the crap PDQ.

Have you gotten any responces from lawyers yet?

You guys never stop amazing me.. You are just amazing. I was wondering if anyone could get in touch with Augie Nieto, he lives in that area, and he may be interested in this situation.

Pay dirt!

KABC news is coming to my PALS house with a crew on Monday. I know some of you sent them emails and I'm very gratefull. We make one helluva team!

Stu

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

That is the best news I've heard all week! We'll see what happens Monday and how we can leverage the local news on up the food chain. Hopefully we can get it on the Steve Olberman show on his "worst people in the world" segment.a

Saint Stu ... you are the man!

To all of who were involved in this and made this happen, great job! Hopefully this helps and JP Morgan Chase learns not to mess with you guys.

Dana

Update

Apparently this is turning into a pretty big deal at KABC. I've had three producers (or whomever they were) call me independently of eachother to set up an interview with the family. It will happen Monday ay 1:00 PM. I was also told to expect a call from JP Morgan Chase . The KABC person stated that "it looks like we might have broken down a wall." I am now confident that I'll have the opportunity to discuss this situation with an authority at Chase. I am also confident that if we cannot agree on new terms, I will be granted adequate time to find appropriate living arrangements for this family.

I'd like to be clear that it has never been our intention to get a gift from Chase or twist any arms regarding new loan nterms. I was ONLY looking to talk with an appropriate individual in order to see if we could work something out. I realize that the bank has every right... indeed responsibility to recoup their funds. I just want to make sure it is done in a humane manner.

Stu

We did it!

I got a call today from a very contrite executive from JP Morgan Chase. The auction is cancelled. They are giving us a 3 month mortgage abeyance. During those months they will work out a solution that my PALS can handle!

This is FAR more than I had asked for. Thanks to all of your references and ideas. This is one of the happiest days I've had since beginning this foundation. You are all terrific.

Stu

The power of the press! That is awesome news. Is KABC still going to do the interview and the story? They could frame it now in a way that makes JP Morgan Chase look good. If you do the interview, can you post a link to the forum? Any publicity you get could lead to other stories about your organization, which will only be beneficial.

Good luck with everything!

Sandra

That is incredibly great news!

That is great news, awesome job guys !

Dana

Sorry I was so excited, I posted to this twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back