Other
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Cleveland
Just wondering.

Spasticity is like having tight muscles. In my case, it has made it difficult to turn my head when my neck is spastic. When my legs are spastic, it can be difficult to lift my legs while sitting or laying down. Spasticity in my legs has also made going up stairs more of a strain.

This has been my experience. Others may differ.

Zaphoon

ah thanks..I've been felling my legs especially my right leg as if it was on the verge of cramping..kind of tight, I don't have problems moving them though, just feels a bit tight and sometimes almost as if they were swollen but they are not.

Uriel,

Have you been told if whether or not you are hyperreflexic? Hyperreflexia and spasticity go hand-in-hand (according to my neuro).

Upper motor neuron trouble will bring on cramping as well as spasticity.

Zaphoon

no my doctor never mention hyperreflexic. As far as cramping, my EMG did detect what they called a prominent cramp potential, but ,my doctor ( and Wright) said that does not mean anything. It does fell that my feet can cramp up pretty easy.
But it's weird I can run the treadmill for about an hour or ride my bike for 20 minutes without feeling a cramp or weakness, but then i bent my foot a bit an i feel a cramp coming.
Now that you mention it my legs do feel a bit heavy when I lay down for a while and a little tight.

does this make sense?
thanks

Uriel,

Is that always the scenario ? use the muscle intensely for 20 minutes , and then stiffen up when you stop ?

Is there a buildup of lactic acid in your muscles ?

Do you have a cool down period after exercise , like just walking slowly for a couple of minutes?

I know , no answers , just more questions. but maybe it will trigger an idea or two.

Glen

Actually no usually after I work out it feels fine other than my fasciculations going crazy all over my body.
Is just if I'm inactive for awhile that my legs specially the right leg feels a bit heavy and stiff, but the stiffness is more around my ankles. Almost like if it would cramp but it doesn't.
What is Lactic acid?
I do have a cool down period, usually on the treadmill I walk the last 2 minutes and then when Im off the teradmill my legs feel a bit tired, but that would be normal after working out for an hour. I also have this buzzing that I had on my left foot only, but now my right foot is doing it too. Sometimes I think they are small fasciculations, but Im not sure.
Thanks for taking the time to respond Glen.

Uriel

thanks for the article Glen, I really feel fine after working out, just lots of fasciculations. It's more when Im inactive that my leg feels tight and crampy and through out the day in general although I must say the Crampy feeling sometimes go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back