Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Suburb of Toronto
any other people experience this...
this is increasing in frequency. it pops/cracks all the time now. sometimes really loud, it feels like the largest pop/crack I've ever felt right in the middle of the chest. it's scary because it's unpredictable now. i just lean back to look at something and bam it happens. it scared my friend the other day haha. scared me too - it was a particularly loud & hollow one - felt awful (but strangely very relieving at the same time...)? could this be related to muscle wasting in that area? it started happening a while ago, but now it happens several times throughout the day. mind you, sometimes I do it purposely out of curiousity, and again it's sometimes a relief - but the point is, is that it is happening at all. no real pain associated. none that I feel as of yet, anyway. just minor discomfort.
I now have breathing problems too. I'm short on breath when talking (especially talking fast... but even just normal talking...) - and when I lean back on a pull-out chair, I'm more out of breath. also, my one lung feels weird. as if there's a clamp around it. if I lean to that side especially, it's very uncomfortable! I can feel as if it's weaker or something...

ugh...

Jeez Glenn,

Did you crack your sternum ? (that bone between your ribs)

What ever it is called I would get it checked out by a doctor.

You say you are having breathing problems now, but what happens if you fall on something in that area .

Take care of yourself .

Glen with one N.

Glenn, yeah, have your doctor check that out! How weird that others can hear it! Probably throw your doctor for a loop-

Lydia

well I didn't crack it as in injure it. It just started popping and cracking when I lean back or raise my arms etc.
so. will be seeing a doctor about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back