Other
Country
US
State
FL
City
Miami
Hi all!

I got the results from my EMG. The EMG was done in the upper and lower extremeties including the trapetius. I also had a work through neuro examination. Everything came normal, no fibs, no fabs. Only it says that i have a chronic irritation of C5 and C6 which my doctor thinks a collateral of my disk herniation operation a few years ago. My main symptoms were problems swallowing which i think i might be related to Post nasal drip. I gotta say i felt the EMG was really complete as he tested pretty much every part of my body including the neck. Should i get done a second EMG or should i put my mind at rest finally? I have started to think that maybe is too early for the EMG to pick up some kind of weakness. what do u think?

ps. the upper reading says: radial sensory neuropahty also.

any ideas will be greatly appretiate it. i want to get over with this and enjoy the summer! happy 4th of july!

must add that my doctor checked my tongue 4 times. also another neurologist and they found nothing. thanks again!

I'd believe the doc when he says to put ALS out of your mind. Maybe you have a different structure in your mouth he wanted to show his son. If you have an exaggerated gag reflex and post nasal drip, that doesn't sound like ALS. Have a good summer.

AL.

thank u both! i will! my only conncern is that i still feel my fingers really weird... in the left hand... they feel like week and stiff.... what do u think? i also have problems swallowing....greetings!

Maricita first and foremost scrape MND/ALS out of ur mind....as he himself said its due to the nerve irritation of C5/C6....so dont bother about having als....as for that stiffness could be so many things to look at and the best one to answer that is ur doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back