Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
DK
State
CPH
City
CPH
I am a 47 yo male with some strange symtoms during the last 4 months. Starting with burning feelings in arms and shoulders followed by twitching in my calves. I went to neuro and EMG was fine, and also a "2. opinion" agreed.
But I am not 100% convinced.
The first EMG showed "reduced recruitment pattern by submax. innervation" and 20% polyphased potentials and no abnormal spontanous activity.The 2 nd. EMG also showed spontanous activity in one place and slightly reduced recruitment pattern. 11-13% polyphased potentials. Nomal motoric units. Both examiners called it a normal EMG. Would you agree?
Now, 1 month after EMG I have constant faciculations/twitches in my legs/thighs
and sporadically in my face(lips/nose), arms and abdomen. Almost everywhere. I haven´t noticed that much muscle loss but in general my muscles have become soft and a bit weak and especially my facemuscles have thinned/softened.
But is all this a typical onset of a serious decease and what kind of other tests can show?
I would be very thankful for an answer. (sorry for my English spelling-I´m from Denmark..;-))

Does not sound like MND to me, but I am just a victim of ALS, not a Doctor.

If you are that concerned be sure the Doctors you go to see specialize in Motor Neuron Diseases, such as an ALS Clinic if you have one available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does not sound like MND to me, but I am just a victim of ALS, not a Doctor.
I would also maybe try a Nerve Conduction Study.

If you are that concerned be sure the Doctors you go to see specialize in Motor Neuron Diseases, such as an ALS Clinic if you have one available.

Dear MtPockets

Thanks for your answer. I also passed a nerve sensory test which was normal.

Keep up the spirit. There will be a cure in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back