Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
CA
State
B. C.
City
Vancouver (Surrey)
Hi everyone, I have another crazy question. My right leg has atrophied. Right foot sometimes gets very cold and a little discoloured. Dr. said it is because the blood is not circulating due to loss of muscle. Now my question! My right toes and side of right foot is going quite red. My husband thinks it is becuse the blood is trapped down there. I don't know. I don't go to the Dr. until June. Anybody else has had this?............ruby from vancouver

I have noticed just recently my right hand gets cold when I sit in my lazyboy with my arm on the armrest.My fingers don't turn red though.Can you move your foot?maybe tapping your foot will get the blood flowing

Henrys feet turned a purple reddish colour as well. The docs said it was due to lack of cirulation. We massaged his feet and kept them up as best as we could. Again, it is something that not everyone experiences, but, it is common as well. Try a foot bath massager that seemed to help us here as well. Good luck.

Stay Strong,. Carol

Hi Ruby. If it gets any redder or spreads I'd get in to see my family doctor. Too much red can lead to clots and all sorts of fun things.

Hi Ruby,

LB has had the red/purple swollen feet for about a year now. They do get better but not for long. His doctors always look but are never concerned. His feel cold to touch too. So far the thing that helps most is just putting them up.

Blue Feet

My feet turned purplish blue about a week ago. I've kept them up and put a cold cloth on them, however the problem is not so much with the color, it's the horrible throbbing pain that is coming with the color. I will never sit with my feet down as long as I did ever again! Is anyone else having pain? I'm taking some tylenol for the pain but i'm wondering if anyone else has ideas as to how to make the throbbing subside? :(

Hi small town. Welcome. Are you diabetic at all? Have you banged them or stumbled and went over on the ankles? It cold just be poor circulation and the doc might prescribe ASA to thin the blood. Better get it looked at. AL.

I'm in a chair full time now and only use my feet when i'm transfering from point A to point B. I broke both my ankles in 2001, which was the beginning of this. I'm not diabetic and have started taking ASA. The pain seems to be decreasing, however I have these flare ups that are unbearably painful. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow.

So a little update from my end. The issue was much more serious than I thought. A nurse came out today and into the hospital I went. I had a completely clogged artery in my right leg which was causing the severe pain and discoloration. I've been put on some anti-coagulents and have to stay for the night. My daughter's writing this as I can't really get to the computer right now. My advice....if it doesn't go away within 48 hours (no matter if it comes and goes) get yourself down to the doctor. It's difficult admitting that there's something wrong, and that a little bed rest won't fix it, however the alternatives are not going to be pleasant. Thanks all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back